It's Adriene time! 31 day Warriors sign in...

24 watchers
Jan 2018
10:05am, 30 Jan 2018
18,982 posts
  •  
Meglet
Yes I was taught to breath diaphragmatically for playing brass instruments (and before that a recorder) and dancing. It’s a way of getting a deeper breath than just using your rib cage. So doing thoracic breathing is a bit odd for me.

My experience of pilates is that the constant contraction of the core is a key part, it doesn’t seem so prominent in yoga
Jan 2018
11:04am, 30 Jan 2018
12,976 posts
  •  
Sharkie
Penultimate day now completed.

Recently - in the spirit of 'find what feels good' I have gone right off piste. I don't get along with prayer hands (I know, sacriliege) so I've started putting one hand on top of the other at the sternum instead which feels more connected to me - you can feel your heart beat. Not strictly yoga but then neither am I!
Jan 2018
6:29pm, 30 Jan 2018
25,043 posts
  •  
halfpint
Evening all. I took a night off last night and most likely will again tonight. I've felt a bit weird since Friday but yesterday and today I've been feeling particularly crap. I'd rather finish TRUE being able to make the most of the sessions rather than struggle through them.

I have never thought in huge depth about breathing - you just do it don't you - but the yoga has certainly made me more conscious of it. I am finding it helpful when I am feeling anxious/stressed to slow myself down by focusing on my breathing.
Jan 2018
9:24pm, 30 Jan 2018
3,717 posts
  •  
Corrah
Have just done days 11 and 12. Those hip dips wete tough.

Looking forward to taking this into next month.
Jan 2018
10:35pm, 30 Jan 2018
18,985 posts
  •  
Meglet
Day 15 tonight, so halfway. Longest I’ve stuck at a ‘daily challenge’ type thing. Even if I’m not doing it daily. Also did the neck and shoulders one as 15 is quite short, but 16 is 40 mins.
Jan 2018
10:59pm, 30 Jan 2018
39,813 posts
  •  
Fierce and Focused Fleecy
we had our yoga retreat today, nearly 2 and a half hours of a teacher to ourselves. I thought she would be fine but she is fucking fantastic. Sharkie needs to meet her! Red headed arty short arsy (not a sprinter though) but clever about Body Stuff. Yes, you two just have to meet :)
Jan 2018
11:28pm, 30 Jan 2018
13,518 posts
  •  
Carpathius
That sounds great Fleecy :)

21 and 22 done. As 22 was only 13ish minutes and involved mostly sitting down then lying down, I thought I might do 23 as well but then thought that the aim is to get something from it, not tick the numbers off so I didn't.

I struggled with breathing deeply today, I don't know why because after a meeting today, a lot of the stress I have now has a plan of action, so I thought I'd find the proper breathing easier than I did.

I did figure out what was wrong with the shower though :) A ridiculously easy fix with an easily obtainable part which I shall get tomorrow.
Jan 2018
9:19pm, 31 Jan 2018
1,768 posts
  •  
Elsie Too
Meglet, I'm the same, done 15 days and I think this is the furthest I've got for this type of thing too. We mustn't quit now!
I've been helping on the Beaver night hike this evening. Walked about 2 miles by the light if the moon. My hip is feeling it so tonight so rather than day 16 I've done hip openers and its feeling better.
Jan 2018
9:27pm, 31 Jan 2018
12,977 posts
  •  
Sharkie
That sounds rather wonderful, Fleecio - I hope you'll have time to tell us more about it ...here or in a blog perhaps? One to one (well one to two) is just great with a good teacher. :-)

I've finished the 30 days now.

Not sure what I will do next...
Jan 2018
9:46pm, 31 Jan 2018
3,720 posts
  •  
Corrah
Day 13 done this morning and day 14 just finished now. Going to try to get a bit more regimented in my practice as I really do see and feel the benefit.

About This Thread

Maintained by Sharkie
Adriene's new New Year 31 day, er, 'thing' starts tomorrow.

Shall we have a thread ...

here's a link to the practice lenths

yogawithadriene.com