Is the "race to the summit glasgow to Ben Nevis " race a scam?

4 watchers
May 2017
6:44am, 7 May 2017
6,281 posts
  •  
Jambomo
Let us know if you find out anything, I hope that you can get your money back at least, though it's a shame that your conned out of what sounds like a brilliant event.
May 2017
8:12am, 7 May 2017
362 posts
  •  
AndrewS
Did you try the email on this page?
racetothesummit.co.uk
May 2017
11:05am, 7 May 2017
47 posts
  •  
tricialitt
AndrewS- yes- thanks, but I've tried emailing 2 or 3 times since wednesday, and also phoning, and sending a PM via facebook. Not great!
May 2017
11:27am, 7 May 2017
363 posts
  •  
AndrewS
Oh dear :(

The website looks quite professional though.

I hope that you get that sorted out.
May 2017
11:31am, 7 May 2017
11,623 posts
  •  
Ultracat
Looks like your best chance of getting your money back is through the bank.

I wonder if others are in the same position as you.
May 2017
1:02pm, 7 May 2017
48 posts
  •  
tricialitt
No one else has come forward on FB/ RW since I put these posts on yesterday, but I'm sure I'm not the only one- quite clever of them to say they'll send out details by email 2 weeks before the race,and then just disappear into the mist with my money! The Booking website have responded, but they seem to be washing their hands of any responsibility too.
Here is their response
"Hi there
Bookitbee is an online service where organisers can sell their tickets, we are not connected or affiliated with any event therefore have no further information. We are sorry that you are having trouble with this event organiser and if you feel that the event is not going ahead we would recommend that you contact the issuer of your credit card to see what options you have.
Best
Bookitbee Team"
May 2017
1:29pm, 7 May 2017
6,282 posts
  •  
Jambomo
Do you think it's worth talking to the police about it?
May 2017
1:35pm, 7 May 2017
49 posts
  •  
tricialitt
Think I will try the phone number again tomorrow, and then the bank, in case it is connected to the debit card fraud. In future I will only enter races I have heard of.
Now to plan something else fun for next weekend............
May 2017
4:59pm, 8 May 2017
11,624 posts
  •  
Ultracat
Hi, any updates?
May 2017
9:22pm, 8 May 2017
50 posts
  •  
tricialitt
Nope- still no response from them, despite more calls, etc. I'm now making fresh plans for the weekend.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by tricialitt
I , and a cyclist friend entered this race ( not cheap!) 3 months ago. It is on next weekend, and th...