Is the "race to the summit glasgow to Ben Nevis " race a scam?

4 watchers
May 2017
1:23pm, 6 May 2017
43 posts
  •  
tricialitt
I , and a cyclist friend entered this race ( not cheap!) 3 months ago. It is on next weekend, and there seems to be total silence from the organisers- no updates about the route, no details of where to register, changeover points, etc. They aren't responding to my emails. Does anyone else know anything?
It is organised by "the running clinic".
Help!
May 2017
4:20pm, 6 May 2017
1,713 posts
  •  
RunningInCircles
No idea.
Never run it.
Looked out of curiosity, spotted this contact number. So in case you haven't tried, its: 020 3290 2271
May 2017
4:44pm, 6 May 2017
2,565 posts
  •  
mr d
Not wishing to worry you, the Twitter and Facebook links on the running clinic uk website go nowhere and the page claims a new site will be launching on April 17th.

There in an email, info@therunningclinic.co.uk, but none of the regional offices on the site appear to have physical addresses.

If the uk is a franchise of the international Running Clinic you could try their facebook page: facebook.com
May 2017
4:55pm, 6 May 2017
44 posts
  •  
tricialitt
I have tried that phone number today- no answer- OK, so it's the weekend, but I don't feel too encouraged- I had already treid emailnig the running clinic 3 days ago, and again yesterday- no answer. I think my next line of enquiry is best via the bookitbee website, so I've sent them an email too.
Luckily, this wasn't a "focus" event for me- my big race for the spring was 1 week ago, this was just a for a laugh, but I'd like my £80 back, and also to make sure that noone else gets caught out this way.
May 2017
5:55pm, 6 May 2017
1,228 posts
  •  
FergusG
Couldn't find too much about them on the web, but the one comment on one of their Facebook accounts suggests they've got a chequered history...

m.facebook.com
May 2017
6:32pm, 6 May 2017
45 posts
  •  
tricialitt
Thanks Fergus- that's an interesting bit of info- ah well, we'll see if bookitbee help out with a refund. I wonder if this has anything to do with the sudden problem I had with someone skimming funds out of the bank account I used to pay for it? Hmmmmmmmmm.......... Luckily my bank caught the fraudulent card use before it got too bad, and all of that has been repaid too.
May 2017
7:28pm, 6 May 2017
1,230 posts
  •  
FergusG
I'm sure your bank / card issuer will sort you out if it does all fall through. Still frustrating if it comes to that though!
May 2017
7:40pm, 6 May 2017
12,214 posts
  •  
Fenland (Fenners) Runner
0203 number is a worry!!!
May 2017
7:41pm, 6 May 2017
6,280 posts
  •  
Jambomo
If it turns out to be a con then it would be worth mentioning to the bank. If it's something to do with them (not saying it is,
Could be coincidence) then you might not be the only one having their bank card skimmed.
May 2017
8:01pm, 6 May 2017
46 posts
  •  
tricialitt
Thanks guys- I've just googled 0203 numbers- that's a new one on me! Ho Hum.

About This Thread

Maintained by tricialitt
I , and a cyclist friend entered this race ( not cheap!) 3 months ago. It is on next weekend, and th...