Is My Target Right?

1 watcher
Jan 2012
9:22pm, 16 Jan 2012
20 posts
  •  
rparker
Hi All,

I'm running my first marathon this year. I've been a member of a running club for over a year now and running for about 5. I've run 6 halfs over the years and managed a 1hr 51.

My question is I've been doing my long runs and have gotten to 14 miles at 9.30 m/mile pace. At that pace I find it quite easy going and don't feel dead when i get home. My target is to run at 9 m/ miles in the race, do you think this is too high or am I being a bit ambitious?

Cheers,

Robin
Jan 2012
9:27pm, 16 Jan 2012
11,107 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
Nope, you are fine running at 9.30. You shouldn't do your long runs so hard that you can't do your speedier sessions during the week.
Jan 2012
9:43pm, 16 Jan 2012
15,063 posts
  •  
Mick n Phil
Robin

hello friend and welcome

are you saying that ure furethest run is 14 miles at 9 .30 pace - and you went home feel comphy at that ??

i really think you should go ut whe u ahve time and find out at what mileage it starts to hurt and un do you, then start working on things from there, miles and time on feet, pace etc - nutrician and fluid prep etc

what do you think, or have i got wrong end of stick
Jan 2012
9:44pm, 16 Jan 2012
38,576 posts
  •  
plodding hippo
Racing is different to training
9.30 sounds good for long runs

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by rparker
Hi All,

I'm running my first marathon this year. I've been a member of a running club for over...