We don't hide behind a paywall!

Log and analyse training, find events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more.
Join Fetcheveryone

Is it possible to restore accidentally deleted training?

4 watchers
Sep 2018
3:39pm, 12 Sep 2018
19822 posts
  •  
  •  
fetcheveryone
*Now*, you should see a bit in the top right of that individual run, that lets you export as a TCX (or possibly FIT - if FIT is available go for that).
Sep 2018
3:41pm, 12 Sep 2018
24346 posts
  •  
  •  
HellsBells
and there it is
thank you so much for holding my hand - do you know they used to let me actually be responsible for real people, frightening isn't it
I owe you a pint or two at Draycote

I was only bothered as i appear to have just run 10 miles 2 minutes faster than my actual 10 mile PB and didn't want to lose the evidence
Sep 2018
3:46pm, 12 Sep 2018
19823 posts
  •  
  •  
fetcheveryone
:-) Don't forget to delete the other ten miler, unless you did two today :-)
Sep 2018
3:51pm, 12 Sep 2018
24347 posts
  •  
  •  
HellsBells
unfortunately it's not taken off the paused time when I was retying shoelaces etc so doesn't look as quick, but I know it was 1:56:09 really :-)
Sep 2018
11:39pm, 12 Sep 2018
16684 posts
  •  
  •  
Dvorak
I like a story with a happy ending :-).

To piggyback on a question, fetch: why is a FIT better than a TCX better than a GPX? It is moot for me, as all I can export is GPX, but that does seem to include all the information needed (including not including pauses).
Sep 2018
6:51am, 13 Sep 2018
19835 posts
  •  
  •  
fetcheveryone
It’s simply the amount of data available, D.
um
Sep 2018
9:08am, 13 Sep 2018
476 posts
  •  
  •  
um
Hi Ian - back to TCX vs GPX. In the rare cases I reload a run (or walk or bike)* from Garmin Connect, it's 'better' to choose TCX over GPX?
*Typically happens when I'm half way home in the car & the Garmin is busy bleeping each mile, so the activity needs a bit of tweaking to remove the non active bits.
Sep 2018
9:35am, 13 Sep 2018
19838 posts
  •  
  •  
fetcheveryone
Hi um - yes, if you've ever opened up a TCX file in a text editor, versus the same file in GPX format, the TCX is usually far richer in detail.
um
Sep 2018
9:44am, 13 Sep 2018
477 posts
  •  
  •  
um
Thanks - will use TCX in future.
Do you know of a run or time related XML editor - eg remove everything before of after a specificied time or distance? (other than my method of deleting ~50 entries, saving and then checking via Google Earth if I've got the right bits left).

If not - when you've exhausted your improvement list, and sat around just itching for something to do, a map driven XML auto-editor would be great!
Sep 2018
9:45am, 13 Sep 2018
19843 posts
  •  
  •  
fetcheveryone
Not off the top of my head, but I like the idea of making one :-)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by HellsBells
What it says really.

I was pleased with this morning's run, but in a post run fug caused by ...