Is it normal to have blue lips after a long run?

1 watcher
Feb 2016
10:27pm, 28 Feb 2016
1,293 posts
  •  
Lills
I'm training for a marathon at the moment and I tend to start feeling cold part way through my long runs, but people have started to ask me if I'm ok as when I have finished these runs, my lips have turned blue! I feel ok, just a bit cold (I'm usually wearing 2 layers), but I had blue lips after a recent half and 20 mile race. Anyone else experience this? Should I be concerned?
Feb 2016
10:38pm, 28 Feb 2016
33,508 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
It's nothing to worry about provided you're otherwise OK, Lills, though it can look very alarming :) Your face is a long way down the list of priorities for your blood supply when you're running, and it's very common for people to be pale-faced and blue-lipped at the end of a long exercise session. Once you're warm, fed, and off your feet your normal colour will come back.
Feb 2016
9:36am, 29 Feb 2016
1,294 posts
  •  
Lills
I'm feeling absolutely fine, Thanks for the reassurance Velocirapter :-)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lills
I'm training for a marathon at the moment and I tend to start feeling cold part way through my long...