Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Ironman Equipment

4 watchers
Sep 2011
9:59am, 23 Sep 2011
610 posts
miss lippy
^^^ *gal* not guy - force of habit!!! :)
Sep 2011
9:05am, 29 Sep 2011
616 posts
HayleyB
Thought that wetsuits were wetsuits until I upgraded mine - 'fraud I have to say that the better one is worth the money. Very personal thing though. As for bikes - I have a very sexy bike, but it's engine (me) is useless. I get a great deal of pleasure from looking at it though. IM Austria next year for my first... all advice very welcome!
Oct 2011
1:04pm, 2 Oct 2011
2653 posts
holgs
Hayley - work on your weaknesses now. Austria is hilly ( states the bloody obvious ) - build that bike engine, and hit the hills, to try and build leg strength try getting up the hill in a hrader gear. The key to Ironman is being able to get off the bike in one piece and fresh enough to run a marathon ( something I need to work on ).
Good luck.

And my Orca 3.8 wetsuit is a much better swim than my basic one, just need to make sure my fat arse fits into it for next May ;-)

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by threedrains
Im considering doing an Ironman and want to know if a basic wetsuit and not a time trial bike will b...