Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Iron Mum 2012

4 watchers
Sep 2012
7:13am, 2 Sep 2012
17002 posts
Lizzie W
Oh yes please!
Sep 2012
7:54am, 2 Sep 2012
933 posts
Pestomum
Lizzie will be there next year, if I have to drag her :)
There are some mums in fareham I might ask as well
Sep 2012
11:29am, 2 Sep 2012
5255 posts
*Anj*
IM, have you considered franchising the idea out to other areas of the country? A bit like parkrun's :)
Sep 2012
5:35pm, 2 Sep 2012
670 posts
Lorraine
it is one of my all time best events :-)

It is so happy,jolly and fun :-)
Sep 2012
6:28pm, 2 Sep 2012
3516 posts
Iron_Mum
I love 'jolly'. Great word, says it all. Must work out how to work that into strapline :-D
Anj, the problem is it don't make any money in its current format, takes all we can do to fundraise enough to cover costs, so not what you'd call a great franchise opportunity. It just relies on people like me and Em who are nuts enough about running to put so much time and energy into it! I know what you mean though: there's definitely something about it that gets people excited, need to do some more thinking. And I'm thinking there may be something in the splinter group/virtual Iron Mum thing. Thoughts welcome...

In the meantime, PM, have you seen the GORGEOUS pic of you and C on Chris's Google pics page? Fmail me if you can't find the link on the IM page! :-)
Sep 2012
8:55pm, 2 Sep 2012
3517 posts
Iron_Mum
Nick, the guy on lead bike, had a camera mounted fore and aft and has just put up a rather brilliant video of the day :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju38d3tQzYk&feature=youtu.be
Sep 2012
8:55am, 3 Sep 2012
943 posts
Pestomum
oh it is lovely :-) How may I get a copy please? x
Sep 2012
9:44am, 3 Sep 2012
3518 posts
Iron_Mum
You can download it from there, but if you want a nice glossy print Chris said he'd happily do them for a couple of squid each. I've also put it on the site as part of the gallery: http://www.ironmum.co.uk/gallery.html. She is utterly gorgeous :-)

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Iron_Mum
Just thought I'd let anyone within striking distance of Bramley Hampshire know about this year's I...