iPod Nano 6th Generation

2 watchers
Dec 2012
7:51pm, 2 Dec 2012
3,966 posts
  •  
Debstir
I've got a 5th gen Nano but have never been all that impressed with it - battery life is rubbish and I have to put it in my shorts pocket. My Shuffle is ace cos I can clip it to my shorts waistband but can't see what songs are playing and it's a pain searching for certain songs. Can't get the radio on the Shuffle either. The 6th gen Nano seems like it's got the best of both worlds, even though it's now been replaced with another non-clippy Nano.

Anyone got a 6th generation Nano and what do you think of it??
Dec 2012
7:56pm, 2 Dec 2012
16,427 posts
  •  
Johnny Christmas
I have one - I got it free because of the swap they did on first gen nanos.

The pluses are that it is mega light and portable and it has a touch screen plus it also has an fm radio.

Negatives - well I have an armband for it but the nano actually clips into it and sits on top of the armband, so when it rains it will get soaked - so if it starts raining I carry it in my hand to keep it dry, which is a drag.

Second drawback is that using the touch screen whilst in motion is quite tricky. Personally I think for running it is not as good as previous generations with the click wheel. For non-running I think it's great.
Dec 2012
8:05pm, 2 Dec 2012
3,968 posts
  •  
Debstir
Cheers Johnny :)

I would clip it on to my shorts / tights waistband, if it rained I'd clip it to the inside of them ;) I don't think the touch screen would bother me that much; I usually listen to a playlist, 1 hour + podcasts or radio so probably wouldn't need to footer with it too much. What about volume - is it via touchscreen or are there buttons on the casing for that? Also, how do you find the battery life?
Dec 2012
8:10pm, 2 Dec 2012
16,430 posts
  •  
Johnny Christmas
Volume Buttons on the casing and very easy to use. Battery life is excellent. The clip on the back is really good as well.
XB
Dec 2012
8:13pm, 2 Dec 2012
2,712 posts
  •  
XB
I've just ditched my Shuffle because the headphone socket broke and I've gone back to my old Creative Muvo. When that breaks I will be replacing it with a Creative. Much better value and more resilient imho
Dec 2012
8:26pm, 2 Dec 2012
3,969 posts
  •  
Debstir
XB, do they clip on to clothing?
Dec 2012
8:30pm, 2 Dec 2012
6,716 posts
  •  
Joopsy
Yes Debs, the creatives do have clips and the sound quality is better than apple.
Dec 2012
3:15pm, 3 Dec 2012
1,230 posts
  •  
Christmas-smile
Mine is incredibly temperamental. Will work fine for weeks then start skipping through songs for no reason, and a woman's voice starts reading out the names of the songs instead of just playing the mystic. Drives me up the wall.
Dec 2012
8:57pm, 3 Dec 2012
3,970 posts
  •  
Debstir
One review I read said they should have just called it the iPod Run ;)

Must mean I should get one. Or at least let Santa get me one ;)
Dec 2012
8:58pm, 3 Dec 2012
1,234 posts
  •  
Christmas-smile
They are fantastic for running. And I think I'm just unlucky to be fair. Fingers crossed Santa brings you one :)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Debstir
I've got a 5th gen Nano but have never been all that impressed with it - battery life is rubbish an...