iphone armbands

3 watchers
Jan 2012
9:37am, 17 Jan 2012
12,022 posts
  •  
hellen
Can anyone recommend one which is waterproof so will protect the phone for several hours during a rain storm. At the mo for long races I wrap it in a plastic bag and keep in my rucksack but having on arm would be more convenient
Jan 2012
9:40am, 17 Jan 2012
391 posts
  •  
BlastItBob
For some reason all I can imagine are the bright orange armbands that kids use to learn to swim

Can't imagine that's at all useful to you though :-)
Jan 2012
1:41pm, 17 Jan 2012
742 posts
  •  
Duchess
These guys sell stuff designed for swimming/diving so very very waterproof....

amazon.co.uk

I think with most armbands, one of the weak points is the exit point for the headphones.
Mar 2014
6:24pm, 15 Mar 2014
13,854 posts
  •  
Discovery Dave
Just wondering if we could bump this thread again, dudes. All the armbands CLAIM to protect your phone from the elements, but when I've got a few hundred quids' worth (and loads of work contacts) strapped to my arm, I want it to be safe.

And yes, I *have* considered not taking it. Or putting the SIM in another phone. And all that.
Mar 2014
6:53pm, 27 Mar 2014
8 posts
  •  
Casera
Also need help with a good armband for an I phone 5......any recommendations??
Mar 2014
7:09pm, 27 Mar 2014
17,367 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
There is a waterproof SPI one, but there is still a leak around the zip, and a headphone cable (if listening to music etc is pat of thedeal) is not easy to fit in.
Not sure any armband is properly waterproof if you are running a cable in, but I would be particularly wary of the SPI one, as its just not practical.

I stick it in a waterproof ziplock bag from amazon. Its a bit thicker than normal sandwich bags and then stick it in a pocket or waistband.
Mar 2014
10:44am, 28 Mar 2014
13,875 posts
  •  
Discovery Dave
So tempted to get one of the big lifeproof covers and then the clip-in armband. But it feels like overkill...

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by hellen
Can anyone recommend one which is waterproof so will protect the phone for several hours during a ra...