iPhone App Development

28 watchers
Feb 2012
12:35pm, 6 Feb 2012
7,964 posts
  •  
Zoom
Any further along with the app please Sir Fetch?
Feb 2012
12:37pm, 6 Feb 2012
10,725 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
No, sorry.
Feb 2012
12:50pm, 6 Feb 2012
7,167 posts
  •  
Keefy Beefy
He's been putting all his time into the Android app :-)
Jan 2014
9:42pm, 3 Jan 2014
First-time poster!!
  •  
mailinator
I'm a PHP web developer(I play around with maps and GPX files a fair bit) and had a great idea for something I'd like to try using a friend's data(length of each run). I asked where they recorded their runs and they pointed me to FE which I hadn't heard of before.

After a bit of searching around I'm a little disappointed to find this is as close to an API as there is. I'll probably move on and not think of FE in the future. I might end up using the strava API, but I don't really like the coldness of that place so I've been wanting to avoid it for other projects.

All the best,
Annon.
Jan 2014
9:48pm, 3 Jan 2014
8,842 posts
  •  
Keefy Beefy
Laters dude.
Jan 2014
9:52pm, 3 Jan 2014
763 posts
  •  
Craig_
"I'll probably move on and not think of FE in the future." - LOL - Keep on walkin' sunshine...
Jan 2014
6:53pm, 4 Jan 2014
6,004 posts
  •  
Chrisull
Developers - eh? Most of them are billy-no-mates who think they know better then everyone else. strava is an app, Fetch is a community - unfortunately community doesn't parse for most developers. Also notice the sense of "entitlement" - "I expect an API so there should be one." He probably thinks Fetch employs a 100 strong team, and isn't actually one person. I feckin' most hate programmers, despite being one, and the above post is a good case study in question.
Jan 2014
10:35am, 6 Jan 2014
2 posts
  •  
mailinator
Just because you put it in quotes doesn't mean I said it. I don't expect or feel entitled to an API. I looked around and found this thread about an API in development. I was disappointed because it would have been really cool to have an API. I posted this message so that the guy(yes I knew it was one guy working from home both running and improving the site) could know there was interest. Sometimes a bit of interest is needed to continue motivation or provide a few forms of help/direction. Maybe he doesn't read the forum anymore so won't see my message.

"Strava is an app, Fetch is a community" - good description of the two. Unfortunately there's often a part of community that has a hostility to newcomers.

I'll keep on cycling... (preferred choice of transportation)
Jan 2014
11:12pm, 24 Jan 2014
27,723 posts
  •  
Max71
Ignoring all the willy waving.

So.....apps then..... How is that coming along?
Jan 2014
11:34pm, 24 Jan 2014
457 posts
  •  
Toadie
"Maybe he doesn't read the forum anymore so won't see my message."

Ha...

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Hiya,

any iPhone app developers out there? I'm working on the Fetch app, and have a few question...