iPhone App Development

28 watchers
Dec 2011
3:27pm, 1 Dec 2011
8 posts
  •  
jonbev
I have a very basic android app working that just displays a map showing the location of the markers for FetchPoint. Drop me a message if you want to try it.
Dec 2011
10:32am, 2 Dec 2011
4,161 posts
  •  
Chrisull
Is anyone (ie Fetch) going to do a HTML 5 app, given this will put to rest eventually the Iphone vs Android vs Windows 7 wars and work on all 3 mobile platforms? I'm asking this as I'm just moving into HTML 5...
Dec 2011
10:40am, 2 Dec 2011
759 posts
  •  
shanksi
An improved website design optimised for mobile devices and using html5 would probably be a good idea - unless there's a desire to increase income in which case, getting an iOS application is the way to go. Or perhaps fetch just feels like learning objective-c?
Dec 2011
11:04am, 2 Dec 2011
10,469 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Just popping in...

I guess I will build everything eventually, in every flavour, and with every feature. Eventually :-)

The site has always tended to be driven by features I've found useful, or stuff that I can see that will be useful for lots of people, or making things easier to use, and even sometimes, for trying to bring more people to the site.

In this case, I'd really like to say I've got an app in the app store - just to see what happens - haven't really even decided about anything to do with revenue etc.

As for the API, and other possible apps that come off the back of it... I love the sound of it of course. I do need to make sure that the people that own the Fetch brand i.e. Natmag Rodale are bought in to the idea, because well... they pay my salary. So I've got to make sure that's happened first. But it would be awesome, because it's still just me in Katie's kitchen, eating Marmite on toast (*nom*) - so I'm limited by what I can do. The approach that's *always* worked is to give you guys the tools to play with - the race guide, the training analysis info that comes off the back of everything you've logged, and the feedback you all send is a real testament to what can be done.

Right... I've got an advert for a charity to photoshop, and the monthly race guide to redesign. It's a game, innit :-)
Dec 2011
11:15am, 2 Dec 2011
4,163 posts
  •  
Chrisull
Haven't they given you your own team of developers yet? That's very remiss of them.
Dec 2011
11:16am, 2 Dec 2011
10,470 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Does Katie count? She's a hive of useful coding tips.
Dec 2011
11:51am, 2 Dec 2011
1,031 posts
  •  
heffaroo
Excellent...FetchApp will rock! :)
Dec 2011
1:56pm, 2 Dec 2011
9,340 posts
  •  
jude
Did Natmag-Rodale give you Katie?? Now THERE'S a perk of the job ;)
Dec 2011
2:55pm, 2 Dec 2011
4,260 posts
  •  
lammo
*puts in a request for a Katie*
Dec 2011
7:08pm, 6 Dec 2011
10,506 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
I now have a read-only version of the forum in an app :-) Best fortnight ever!

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Hiya,

any iPhone app developers out there? I'm working on the Fetch app, and have a few question...