iPhone 11 and podcasts - running solution

4 watchers
Jun 2020
7:43am, 27 Jun 2020
8,655 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
Yep, FR245M is the cheapest Garmin to do this, but music is supported in FR645M as well and then most (all?) of the high end Fenix range and the FR945 as well.
Jun 2020
9:13am, 27 Jun 2020
112 posts
  •  
SteveCRunner
I almost always listen to podcasts or audiobooks when easy running. I've been using an iphone 6s for years but I also use a Fenix 5 for logging. I'm wondering about combining these functions now, so I have a couple of questions.

Do you need to be a Spotify subscriber to get podcasts this way? Secondly, is there any way of handling audiobooks on these watches?
Jun 2020
10:34am, 27 Jun 2020
8,661 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
Hi Steve, yes you need to be a Spotify subscriber.

Audiobooks are more difficult but possible depending on what format they are in. You need to get them in a format like mp3 then you can side load them to the watch when it appears as a drive when connected. If you use Audible there are ways to get that into mp3.
Jun 2020
2:21pm, 27 Jun 2020
113 posts
  •  
SteveCRunner
Ok thanks. I use an app called Storytel so I'm not totally sure how that would go but I'll have a look.
Oct 2020
8:48pm, 22 Oct 2020
478 posts
  •  
icenutter
In the end I have started to use an iPhone 6 for listening when running. I had an old one with a broken screen lingering around. The syncing works OK with my main iPhone 11, but its much smaller for running with. I tried a flip belt, but didn't get on with it as it was too broad.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by icenutter
Work have given me an iPhone 11 to replace my iPhone SE. I used the SE for listening to podcasts wh...