Intervals Article

4 watchers
Aug 2013
2:54pm, 5 Aug 2013
68,932 posts
  •  
GregP
Wonky? Have you measured a copy of Noakes? It must be two inches thick.

And might as well be written in Afrikaans for all the impact it has had on my life.
Aug 2013
7:30am, 10 Aug 2013
69,092 posts
  •  
GregP
Right. I have my DRF here ~points~.

Do you mean the headwind/tailwind graph on p126? I suspect you don't. I'll keep looking.
Aug 2013
7:33am, 10 Aug 2013
69,093 posts
  •  
GregP
And yes, drf reckons that increasing VO2max (intervals) will have a positive carry-through to LT (tempo, as discussed earlier).
SPR
Aug 2013
4:20pm, 24 Aug 2013
18,739 posts
  •  
SPR
Just read the article on here, the guardian link seems to be dead. Intervals/ Repetition training can be used to improve anything, it all depends on the structure of the session. Run/walk is a type of interval session. Interval/Repetition training can be used to do anything that can be done with continuous running (although depending on what you're trying to do, one may be more effective than the other. Also you don't have to finish the session swearing, it depends again on how the session is structured. TBH I think the swearing at the end would only apply to lactate tolerance/race pace sessions. Sessions where you are aiming at the lactate threshold would usually try and keep you from building to much lactate and therefore stop you getting the lactate burn.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Have a look at this if you get the chance:

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/the-running-bl...