Instead of Orthaheel insoles/orthotics

5 watchers
Oct 2020
4:20pm, 4 Oct 2020
869 posts
  •  
Muttley
I pushed one set into my road shoes this morning. Amazing how different the new ones feel. The old ones must have been crushed and flattened into submission over the possibly 10 years (!!) that I was using them. I can once again feel arch support and I suspect that my current nagging injury (Haglunds deformity) was caused in part by not replacing the insoles when sensible. The other set will go into the trail shoes.
Oct 2020
4:33pm, 4 Oct 2020
45,558 posts
  •  
runnerbean
It’s surprising how battered they get. It s bit like old shoes you don’t notice too much until you get new ones.

Hopefully you’ll be good to go again .
Nov 2020
7:49pm, 20 Nov 2020
1,396 posts
  •  
SusiesueHarp
I stalked this thread as I was in need of new insoles. I had some made to measure ones done by a podiatrist about 10 years ago which were in a sorry state but I’m a bit cash strapped so bought the ones you recommended and added a heel wedge for my right foot. So far so good and you’ve saved me about £100! Thanks!
Nov 2020
7:55pm, 20 Nov 2020
45,623 posts
  •  
runnerbean
That’s great news. Hope they last you a while.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Muttley
Anyone know a good replacement for Orthaheel Sport orthotics?