Insoles

1 watcher
Feb 2015
12:16pm, 9 Feb 2015
4,780 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
Hello :-)

I got some moulded insoles from Sweatshop a fair while back. Good for 1000 miles they said. I use them in everything now, work shoes, running shoes etc, and they are looking a bit, well holey :-)

I have no idea if they work, at all, but feel I should get some more. People at the running club swear by loads of different types. Just wondering what experience you guys have with them?
Feb 2015
8:21am, 10 Feb 2015
1,105 posts
  •  
Fitz
I suppose different types / brands are designed to address different problems so one man's recommendation won't necessarily be right for someone else. But anyway, my story:

I had ITBS in 2011. It was cured by a combo of physio, foam rolling, strapping and some new insoles. There was nowt wrong with the insoles the physio gave me but I decided to treat myself to a custom made pair.

They lasted until about this time last year (so about 2500 miles) when I went back for a new pair. Despite over 800 miles and a return visit to adjust them, I just didn't get on with them and I was getting foot and toe injuries that I reckoned were due to the insoles putting too much pressure down through the ball of my foot behind the big toe.

I went to another podiatrist to get the injuries treated and they gave me some off the shelf insoles - "Powerstep Protech Pro." 300 miles in, so far so good and the foot / toe injuries have cleared up.

I have not named the purveyor of the custom orthotics because I don't want to suggest that they're no good. The first pair were ace, lasted ages and helped to cure my ITBS. we just never got to the problem with the second pair so I decided to try something else.
Feb 2015
9:59am, 10 Feb 2015
4,785 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
Thanks Fitz. All feedback is more than welcome. Food for thought.
Feb 2015
1:35pm, 10 Feb 2015
3,374 posts
  •  
Doctor K
I've used Superfeet insoles from time to time and am using some now in my shoes -they are a few quid though but seem to last a long time
Feb 2015
1:40pm, 10 Feb 2015
4,786 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
Wow, they have a lot of options! Trying to figure out what I need!
Oct 2015
10:13pm, 22 Oct 2015
87 posts
  •  
wrxmania
I was using Currex sole - run specific ones called Run Pro. They are about £35 and last about 300 miles but now trying a pair (which are VERY similar) from Lidl at £3!!
Oct 2015
8:12am, 23 Oct 2015
4,872 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
Ah, the wonders of Lidl and Aldi!
Oct 2015
8:37pm, 23 Oct 2015
88 posts
  •  
wrxmania
No idea how long they will last - slightly cushioned and some arch support. The issue is they are not always available - if they work, I'll buy several pairs the next time!
Oct 2015
9:11pm, 23 Oct 2015
6,383 posts
  •  
becca7
I've used Sole footbeds for years - you warm them in the oven and they mould to your feet. Good for me as my right foot is flatter than my left, so off the shelf wouldnt suit both.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by HermanBloom
Hello :-)

I got some moulded insoles from Sweatshop a fair while back. Good for 1000 miles they s...