Inov-8 Caps and other headgear

4 watchers
Apr 2013
8:14am, 24 Apr 2013
12,031 posts
  •  
Discovery Dave
Hello, running headwear aficionados (which surely you must be, for why else would you have clicked on a thread with this title?).

Interested to know whether anyone has tried the Inov-8 hat range. They seem to have a cap for every occasion! Hot peak, rain peak, winter peak, sneaky peak...

Are they actually appreciably different? Do their claims and features work?

Or is it, at the end of the day, just a cap, which you'd buy because you want to advertise to the world that you're a srs bsns trail runner who likes Inov-8 kit?
Apr 2013
8:21am, 24 Apr 2013
2,803 posts
  •  
Pestomum
ask 2FF. he has several!
Apr 2013
8:21am, 24 Apr 2013
14,126 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Am now watching this thread with interest. I'm very much a hat wearer...
Apr 2013
8:24am, 24 Apr 2013
18,455 posts
  •  
eL Bee!
The materials in all of them are different

I only have the hot peak and rain peak, but the rain peak hs a windproof material that is too 'heavy' when its hot, and it does shed a degree of precipitation - more so if you use TX direct on it
The hot peak is a lighter mesh type material which lets the breeze in - so better for when it is warmer, of if one is a bit of a sweater!
Apr 2013
8:33am, 24 Apr 2013
2,248 posts
  •  
Northern Exile
I've worn my way throught a couple of the Hot Peak caps, pretty durable. My wife has one of the Rain Peak caps and she likes it, seems to keep the worst of the weather at bay.

However, I have given up on Inov8 caps and moved to Salomon - they are ace, very durable and cooler than the Hot Peak ones - moreover they come in two sizes. I just got a new one in fact .... about 15 quid.

Just realised my profile picture shoes me wearing one!
Apr 2013
8:35am, 24 Apr 2013
2,249 posts
  •  
Northern Exile
shoes?? I meant shows :-)
Apr 2013
8:36am, 24 Apr 2013
12,036 posts
  •  
Discovery Dave
THE BEE IS HERE. ALL HAIL THE BEE. Haven't seen you around these parts so much, lately, fella. Too much cycling? ;)

I like the idea of the Hot Peak acksherlee. In a colour that would help people spot me in a city marathon (without having to dye my hair again...)
Apr 2013
8:39am, 24 Apr 2013
18,456 posts
  •  
eL Bee!
DD - :) I've been here, just not had much to contribute of late.
And folk aren't that interested in my cycling exploits ;)
I have a Hot peak in red left if you'd like it!
Yours for 9 english pounds :)
Apr 2013
8:42am, 24 Apr 2013
12,037 posts
  •  
Discovery Dave
I would love it actually. Just need to check that nobody's bought me one for my birthday!
Apr 2013
8:43am, 24 Apr 2013
2,250 posts
  •  
Northern Exile
Should I be bowing and hailing too? I'm worried now :-)

No offence Leon!

About This Thread

Maintained by Fat Dave
Hello, running headwear aficionados (which surely you must be, for why else would you have clicked o...