Inner ear labyrinthitis

2 watchers
Aug 2018
2:56pm, 5 Aug 2018
1,901 posts
  •  
Fitz
Anyone else had this? Has knocked me bandy: dizzy, nauseous, loss of balance...

I've been in bed for 3 days, John & Yoko would be proud.
Aug 2018
3:50pm, 5 Aug 2018
32,914 posts
  •  
Nellers
It's shit. I had a really bad attack of it about 18 months ago and was off work for about a week. Had a little minor bout the week before last which laid me low for a couple of days. It's a horrible feeling Fitz. You've got my sympathy and I hope it clears up quickly.

Seems to be a lot of it about. 2 other people in my office had similar in the last month. I didn't think it was all that contagious.
D2
Aug 2018
5:12pm, 5 Aug 2018
10,842 posts
  •  
D2
I've had it too, completely debilitating. Hopefully it will pass soon.
Aug 2018
6:17pm, 5 Aug 2018
34,712 posts
  •  
McGoohan
This is the thing (we think) that started Liebling's balance problems. She had it very bad and had some lasting damage - we believe.
Aug 2018
8:03pm, 5 Aug 2018
1,902 posts
  •  
Fitz
I'm out of bed but shambling about like Ali in the worst of days. Good for the waistline though, next to no appetite.

It sucks.
ERM
Aug 2018
12:44pm, 8 Aug 2018
439 posts
  •  
ERM
A horrible condition - hope things are better now?
Aug 2018
1:04pm, 8 Aug 2018
20,821 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
Hope you're feeling better Fitz. A friend suffers from this and her reports of it sound awful.
Aug 2018
4:30pm, 8 Aug 2018
1,210 posts
  •  
susietwoshoes
I had a very bad attack on holiday in Oz, to begin with I blamed the flight for it, but I was assured later that it could of come on at anytime. I was completely bedded for 3 days as every time I tried to stand I was dizzy and sick. I rallied a bit and we did a road trip where we ended up in a town with a brilliant pharmacy who gave me drops, pills and instructions. In all I was "absent" for about a week. I am very wary now of every change in my balance etc and the need to keep the old ears seen to.
Aug 2018
11:46am, 9 Aug 2018
1,903 posts
  •  
Fitz
Thanks, a week in and things are much better, hopeful it will go away completely over 3 weeks or so, according to the doc.

I was in bed for three days, could do nothing other than sleep or puke, good for the waistline though. Dizziness is largely gone, nausea gone, still have headaches and fatigue (although the latter may be caused by the meds - prochlorperazine). Appetite is coming back too.

I'm still a bit wobbly on my feet, poor balance so still not driving, riding or running. But a big improvement from crawling on all fours to the bathroom, or shuffling about like a cross between Muhammad Ali and Ozzy Osborne. Focusing on the ground in front of me makes it easier than looking further ahead.

My heartfelt sympathy for anyone that gets this repeatedly or, far worse, permanently.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Fitz
Anyone else had this? Has knocked me bandy: dizzy, nauseous, loss of balance...

I've been in...