Injury help again pls - swollen back of knee

1 watcher
Feb 2012
1:54pm, 23 Feb 2012
17,311 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Hi there, just using the Fetch massive as a free medical service again. Sorry. Anyone got any suggestions for this:

Swelling, tightness, some slight pain and heat/warmth at sides of knee cap, round the back and at the junction of the calf and hamstring muscles. Not tender to touch. Feels like it's been hyper extended (like if you tripped down a step or in a pothole or something, but I haven't!). Tight to fully bend too. No discomfort stretching hams or calves.

Have done 5 days no running, icing, elevating, stretching etc. Tried strapping it up, cool pack on it all day etc. Did 3 and 4 mile gentle runs with strapping too. Feels no worse running than walking. But after 9 miles (accident!) last night, feels more swollen again today.

Any tips? Thanks Fetchland! :-)G
Feb 2012
2:03pm, 23 Feb 2012
1,278 posts
  •  
mile muncher
miniscus trouble??
You're not having a good time of it lately are you?
Feb 2012
3:33pm, 23 Feb 2012
17,312 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Nope, it's been a bi carp niggle-wise last couple months mm. I'll go google miniscus and scare myself. Cheers. Anyone else got any suggestions? :-)G
Feb 2012
3:37pm, 23 Feb 2012
17,313 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
or meniscus even. Eek, it's cartilage. that's scary. Not sure why but it is!
Feb 2012
3:44pm, 23 Feb 2012
20,896 posts
  •  
cabletow
bakers cyst?
ue to small effusion - fluid in the knee from inflammation - yes a meniscal tear would be enough
but also politeal bursisits could be the case
Feb 2012
4:50pm, 23 Feb 2012
17,314 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Thanks CT (how do you find injury requests so quickly? Has Lord Fetch built some kind of auto-notification for you of anything logged as Clinic?!

I've got an appt with GP (who is a runner!) on Mon night (7pm - how cool is that) and will get it checked out. To give him something to check, I will go ahead with my 17 mile run on Sunday! ;-) Hope it's trivial and I can get it sorted with 1-2 weeks of leg up and bag o' frozen peas on it! :-)G
Feb 2012
8:07pm, 27 Feb 2012
17,317 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
And he's right again! GP concurs - Baker's Cyst. Had to google it. Doesn't sound too bad. Got a hospital referral. Might need draining. No cartilage damage tho he didn't think.

I assume cause is just poor running form, too much impact through the knee Sir Cable of Tow? So, no running, but I can swim, gym, bike etc. so not all bad. Thanks CT :-)G
Feb 2012
8:26pm, 27 Feb 2012
20,902 posts
  •  
cabletow
You got it happy. You know what to do
Feb 2012
8:27pm, 27 Feb 2012
18,029 posts
  •  
Maclennane
All hail Sir Cable. Even if I;m still not sure whether he's having me on about the backwards running!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by HappyG(rrr)
Hi there, just using the Fetch massive as a free medical service again. Sorry. Anyone got any sugges...