Injury advice please, oh wise people of Fetch

1 watcher
Oct 2014
10:11pm, 31 Oct 2014
4,759 posts
  •  
Carpathius
Ouch. On Sunday I had a sharp pain at the top of my calf/behind my knee which I felt on every footstrike but it subsided and I could still run. Hurt like hell on Sunday evening, was ok but still there Monday, almost gone Tues, ached a bit after club session then seemed ok. Ran 9 miles this morning and it started aching so cut the run short. Still hurts now especially when stretching the calf. Any ideas what it is? And what can I do about it considering I have a long race in a week?

The pain is behind my knee at the top of the calf still.
Nov 2014
10:54am, 10 Nov 2014
3,179 posts
  •  
Lalli
How's your leg after your long race?

My calf has got worse after a gentle run on Thursday morning when it went again.
Nov 2014
11:07am, 10 Nov 2014
4,850 posts
  •  
Carpathius
:( Lalli. That's not good news.

Mine's surprisingly ok - I had a whole week of rest then ran 32 miles. It did hurt but has recovered fast; much faster than after the 30 miles.
Nov 2014
9:43pm, 10 Nov 2014
3,180 posts
  •  
Lalli
That's great news - held up well then!

I just started back a bit too soon and did a bit too much - if I'd stopped at 2 miles I'd have been fine - my own fault.
Nov 2014
10:21pm, 10 Nov 2014
4,854 posts
  •  
Carpathius
Good old 20/20 hindsight.

Actually the most painful relic of the ultra is the allergic reaction to the adhesive on rock tape. I put a piece either side of my neck to stop my pack from rubbing and the skin is now inflamed and painful. It seems to be fine on my legs, never had a problem.
Nov 2014
1:55pm, 17 Nov 2014
3,187 posts
  •  
Lalli
Well done on St Neot's - all okay now? Other than your tape issue! Skin there must be more sensitive.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Carpathius
Ouch. On Sunday I had a sharp pain at the top of my calf/behind my knee which I felt on every footst...