Injury advice

2 watchers
Aug 2011
9:02pm, 3 Aug 2011
686 posts
  •  
Incognito
New physio says I need orthotics, nothing wrong with back or anything else, she says my feet need corrected by 10% ? She has given me a 3% and 7% pair to try. Wear first lot for 1 hour lst day up to 4 hours by 4th day, then phone poss go onto the 7% for four or so days then if see improvement get orthotics to sort out my problem, I have no back problem ??? It sort of makes sense, this physio is more expensive and the orthotics are £180, but if they are going to work......
Aug 2011
9:29pm, 3 Aug 2011
542 posts
  •  
Alice the Camel
I got customised orthotics a couple of weeks ago, 6% at a cost of £120. I don't find them very comfortable but they're not giving me blisters! I start hands on "treatment" next week. My physio took a video of me walking (from behind) and it was so obvious that my left foot was rolling inwards. I just hope this all works!!

Good luck with your treatment Incognito.
Aug 2011
8:19pm, 8 Aug 2011
688 posts
  •  
Incognito
Alice how are you getting on with your orthotics ? Are you running ? I have noticed a slight differnce and go onto the 7deg ones tomorrow, long way off running though as still very tender.
Aug 2011
5:29pm, 9 Aug 2011
546 posts
  •  
Alice the Camel
I haven't run much at all for several months now, although hope to be able to try again soon. Physio talks as if I'll be back to running in a matter of a few weeks, although I can't imagine that at the moment! The orthotics are OK, left foot (bad one) still achy, but I'm getting used to them. I've had a couple of ankle massages which (I daren't say it) seem to have improved things alot - much bigger range of motion. The way I feel at the moment I'll be very happy to be able to walk painfree again, if I manage to run that will be a bonus!
Mar 2012
1:29pm, 8 Mar 2012
749 posts
  •  
Cotty67
Eventually gave up on the orthotics and went to see another physio, who said that it was a chronic condition (probably becasue I had ignored it for so long and carried on running), she also said that I had hyper felxibility in my joints, so to cut a long story short, I have been doing stretches, balancing, etc, no running or anything with impact and eventually both feet were feeling the same. So physio said leave another 3 weeks then I could try run/walking, have been out twice walk 1 min/run 1 min for a mile and my foot is back aching ?? Will phone physio next week (she on hol) but meantime has anyone else had this where the pain comes back after starting to run again ? This has been going on since June and with the exception of nov/dec where I did run a bit I have not been running at all ? I do walk an awful lot, have 2 dogs, the pain at the moment is back to where I was a few months ago ?? Maybe I should just face facts me and running are finished ?
Mar 2012
9:07am, 13 Mar 2012
408 posts
  •  
boulders
Sorry to hear your recent reversal. If it is any consolation Iturned to orthotics after manyyears with lower leg injuries. I nearly gave up when the orthotics didnt seem to help either. Then I turned to POSE, attended a course and now run minimalist with very few injuries. It could be worth a shot. there is a thread in Train. Good luck

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Cotty67
I have an inflammed tendon in my foot (possible posterior tbial tendonitis/dysfunction), have been s...