BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter
Injury- blind panic and despair-please help!
10:02pm, 1 Aug 2011
stonehanAm breathing a bit slower now, thank you
Pain is really muscular and not radiating down my leg so I was thinking piriformis, but I think now that a trip to a physio to be sure might be a good investment. Running is not just a hobby or a way of getting fit it's a lifeline especially during the school holidays.
Thank you so much, it is so nice not to feel alone!
10:05pm, 1 Aug 2011
JohnnyOIts a two day old injury. Unless you fancy your physio or have money to burn I would just rest.
Piriformis often describes a sciatica like syndrome where the damaged muscle causes nerve irritation and pain down the back of the leg.
You probably just have a torn/damaged muscle.
Brufen, ice, stretch.
11:43pm, 1 Aug 2011
About This Thread
Maintained by stonehan
- Piriformis Syndrome
- Pain in the bum
- piriformis sharp pain in foot too
- Trochanteric bursitis or torn gluteus medius - What to do the second time it happens
- Left buttock to Glute strain
- Plantar Fasciitis??
- Falling Over Watch - have you got falling over?
- Costochondritis - chest cartlage pain
- Knee pain - advice please
- Achilles pain