Infographic no ascent?

5 watchers
um
Jun 2021
6:41pm, 27 Jun 2021
4,853 posts
  •  
um
K5 Gus - yes, you are correct (now I've checked), the 735 uses GPS elevation. But whether that i in the file sent to Garmin to Fetch, I don't know.
Changing my Fetch settings did change the elevation data a bit. But I haven't checked individual runs/walks
Jun 2021
8:16am, 29 Jun 2021
36 posts
  •  
Bowman
Still no luck with this, i´ve tried to read blogs and posts about elevation and what not.
But still elevation doesn't work on my activity's?
um
Jun 2021
9:27am, 29 Jun 2021
4,857 posts
  •  
um
Bowman - what exctly isn't working? When I look t one of your training sessions, I see elevation, eg fetcheveryone.com/t-19337937

But I think elevation is only added when you open the training the first time. On loading (eg via Garmin Connect) the activity will show as zero elevation, until you open it and the elvation calculator kicks in. (I think)
Jun 2021
10:00am, 29 Jun 2021
38 posts
  •  
Bowman
Humm i have to open ~700 previous activitys then?

Jun 2021
2:23pm, 29 Jun 2021
26,260 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
I've got to the bottom of this for Bowman:

The FIT files we receive from Garmin contain a table of data, and one of the columns is normally "altitude[m]". Some watches (e.g. FR945, Fenix 6) instead have a field called "enhanced_altitude[m]". Personally, even if I had the best altitude measuring system in the world, I would still call it just "altitude".

Anyway... I had *partly* accounted for this when importing, and this is why you see the elevation graphs when viewing each entry. Unfortunately, the calculation that calculates the total ascent and descent was not prepared for "enhanced" :-)

I have fixed the code, and if you think this would work for you, send me a feedback. I can feed all your recent training entries through a script to recalculate and store your total ascent and descent for each one.
Jun 2021
2:31pm, 29 Jun 2021
43 posts
  •  
Bowman
Incredible Fetch. Thanks, im kinda happy that it was a real issue and not just me :)
Ill se if i see it after the next training session so the cashe updates.
Jun 2021
2:38pm, 29 Jun 2021
980 posts
  •  
Big_G
Thanks Fetch, just emailed you about the above.

As a matter of interest how is the "Hills" column calculated in the Training Log? Most of my seem to be cauterised as "Flat". However, I did a race recently which is definitely hilly - 4000ft of elevation, 32-miles. The graph on the site (below) says it's only 14% of flat, but the categorisation on the entries log is "Flat".
Jun 2021
2:40pm, 29 Jun 2021
981 posts
  •  
Big_G
*categorised :)
Jun 2021
6:32pm, 29 Jun 2021
47 posts
  •  
Bowman
So it all seems to work now, although, the one thing started this, yearly info grapghics still is wrong, i have 317m, but i have far more than that.

I have tried "use watch elevation" both on and off, i have updated the graphics, and ctrl F5 and so on.
Any suggestions?
zp
Jun 2021
6:23am, 30 Jun 2021
617 posts
  •  
zp
I'm having some funny issues too: for example, there's definitely more than 31m of ascent in this:

It was taken from a Coros Apex, and the Coros app reports the run as 3802m ascent and 3727m descent, which is probably fairly close. Run here: fetcheveryone.com/t-19344394

About This Thread

Maintained by Bowman 🇸🇪
Hi guys!

Just started to learn this awesome site.
I really like the info graphics, but I don’t...