Infected Insect Bite

2 watchers
Aug 2012
5:22pm, 27 Aug 2012
1,272 posts
  •  
PenW
Hi dementer

It can mean the infection is spreading and would be best to get it seen by a doctor ASAP. I would get it seen today.
Aug 2012
5:23pm, 27 Aug 2012
42,872 posts
  •  
runnerbean
that's what happened to me and i ended up in A&E getting anti-biotics.You should go get it looked at asap.
Aug 2012
5:24pm, 27 Aug 2012
241 posts
  •  
Cyclops
Dementer, have you had your bite checked out yet? It sounds like it might be trying to be nasty.
Aug 2012
6:18pm, 27 Aug 2012
13,757 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
The red line is phlebitis and is indeed an indication of spread. Its not going to be fatal, but you should get it looked at.
The phlebitis can be very painful long after the infection has settled.
Aug 2012
8:06am, 28 Aug 2012
4 posts
  •  
Dementer
Thanks for the replies, have only just read them! Was swimming last night and my Wife (and her friend) agreed that it didn't look good. Had planned to go get it looked at this morning but the swelling has gone down and the red line appears to have gone too. Still hot and a large red area around the bite. Thinking of leaving it for the rest of the day to see what happens now. Feeling fine in myself apart from some pool flu.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Gymfreak
I have one on my foot. Something bit me a couple of days ago and It's got bigger and redder. My who...