Inexpensive Trail shoes

5 watchers
Nov 2012
4:06pm, 7 Nov 2012
2,293 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
I'm looking for some Trail shoes that won't break the bank. Mainly as they will be used for Park Runs (Guildford in particular quite often resembles a battlefield these days) and the odd XC jaunt in and around the fields of Alton for about three months and then I'll likely be back on my "normal shoes". Recently I've been very close to slipping in my usual shoes though, so I think I pair of Trail shoes will make me feel a bit safer for the above winter runs.

As usual I know nothing about these things. A bit of research has given me the following options for the £30 mark:

Saucony Grid Tuned Trail (my usual shoes are Saucony ProGuide 4 and I love them to bits, so I automatically thought Saucony again)

Asics Trail Tambora, 1 or 2 (my second shoes are Asics and work well, so see above)

New Balance MT573, or the D model (losing points for having too many numbers after them)

Or Adidas Unizero (Know nothing about them, the colours are nice)

Any of those I should go for, or any other bargains out there people know of?
Nov 2012
4:17pm, 7 Nov 2012
10,773 posts
  •  
Discovery Dave
I haven't used them personally, but lots of Fetchies swear by Adidas Kanadia, and you can often find them on offer - I've seen them for £25 and less.
Nov 2012
4:28pm, 7 Nov 2012
5,671 posts
  •  
Star x
agree - you can get Kanadias for about £30 - usually Sports Direct :-0 are best for them
Nov 2012
4:29pm, 7 Nov 2012
2,294 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
Ok, thanks guys, I will try and track a pair of those down.
Nov 2012
4:31pm, 7 Nov 2012
1,044 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
I have some Kanadias - bought on offer for about £30 - they are great
Nov 2012
4:39pm, 7 Nov 2012
2,295 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
£35 is about the best I can do, these puppies: startfitness.co.uk

Will mull it over tonight. Money very tight right now but really could do with something.
Nov 2012
4:43pm, 7 Nov 2012
2,296 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
Or these, which I assume are the same but just in different colours pretty mucch: sportsshoes.com
Nov 2012
4:46pm, 7 Nov 2012
3,302 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
Kanadias are very solid and good value for thirty odd quid :-)
Nov 2012
5:01pm, 7 Nov 2012
10,778 posts
  •  
Discovery Dave
They do a new version on a fairly regular basis - so if you shop around you'll find the Kanadia TR4, 5 or 6 easily... but there was also TR, TR2 and TR3. They seem to get discounted when a new model comes out.

For example the TR2 is here for £20 startfitness.co.uk which is amazing as long as you have size 4 feet.

Don't overlook places like your local Sports Direct / JJB, etc.
Nov 2012
5:03pm, 7 Nov 2012
2,298 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
Yeah, I got all excited about the StartFitness ones, as they had some for £25 as well, but all in sizes too small for me. Checked JJB as well but they are £40.

I've clearly times this wrong, as I expect they are going for a song in the summer. But £35 is probably do-able in terms of cost.

About This Thread

Maintained by HermanBloom
I'm looking for some Trail shoes that won't break the bank. Mainly as they will be used for Park R...