Inbetweenies - not skinny, not fat, need to lose around a stone ...

113 watchers
Jun 2022
3:50pm, 27 Jun 2022
77,224 posts
  •  
Gobi
I know EP but if your pace is correct you are below threshold so can probably mix solids and gels
Jun 2022
5:44pm, 27 Jun 2022
33,525 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
So I’ll nice I go over 2 hrs start using fuel but would you fuel from the start or after the 90 mins?

Apart from not being processed what benefits does real good have over gels?
Jun 2022
8:52pm, 27 Jun 2022
77,227 posts
  •  
Gobi
Pix - just depends what you like, some people just prefer solid food

If I was running for 2.5hrs I'd probably only carry emergency gel, maybe take something at an hour but if the run is 3hrs I'd be carbing from 30 mins
Jun 2022
8:59pm, 27 Jun 2022
2,136 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
I don;t run the long distances anymore and as I am slower than I was.i find as I run before breakfast as best part of da,y i dont need anything for a 90 minute run but if I was over that would carry an emergency gel.
Jun 2022
9:16am, 28 Jun 2022
33,538 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
you've confirmed what I was doing gobi thanks
I might get some more chia charge mini as they are nice but I'm OK with gels

I do like the kendle mint ones - like melted after eights and they recommend 1 per 45-60 mins so you can take less
Jul 2022
11:16am, 2 Jul 2022
22,807 posts
  •  
Ness
Hope everyone is doing ok.

I did my weekly weight check this morning and am back up a pound to 9 stone 3 pounds. Didn’t think that was too bad considering having had the very calorific afternoon tea last week to celebrate my mum’s birthday. Hopefully back on track next week.
Jul 2022
11:35am, 2 Jul 2022
2,141 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
That sounds good Ness well done.

I STS again so need to up my game either more exercise and less food.
Jul 2022
12:05pm, 2 Jul 2022
22,809 posts
  •  
Ness
I’m hoping that now I’m back in training for Chester things will get easier. 🤞
Jul 2022
5:28pm, 2 Jul 2022
3,115 posts
  •  
lin50
STS for me again. Happy to maintain.
Jul 2022
10:59am, 4 Jul 2022
424 posts
  •  
Benny Tempo
I've not been on this thread recently, thought I'd check in.

My weight is stable, fluctuates between 12st10lb and 13st depeding on water balance. Doing marathon training and really increased the mileage over the last month so I don;t want to go into too much of a defecit, although ideally I'd like to be about half a stone lighter.

Still doing the night eating thing. I don't eat much during the day as a result, about 400 kCals for breakfast, 500 for lunch, 800 for dinner. Then make up the rest eating at night. I spoke to a nurse I know who has a research interest in psychopharmacology and he reckons it's the medication I'm on, Quetiapine, which makes sense because the night eating is always after I've taken it, I don't get cravings before I've taken it. He says that it's probably because it stimulates the histamine receptor, this stimulates appetite apparently. It's a relatively low dose I'm on, 50mg, but I still get this side effect.

So I'm on my third night of reducing the dose of Quetiapine and it's going OK so far. I've been on it for years and I am ready to come off it, my GP encouraged me to reduce it last time I saw him.

Hope everyone else is doing well😁

About This Thread

Maintained by hellen
weight loss