Inbetweenies - not skinny, not fat, need to lose around a stone ...

113 watchers
Apr 2021
8:26am, 9 Apr 2021
842 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
It is good to talk about things and anything the chaps are going through that helps us understand our own menfolk.
But what horror stories GG and Hann!!

I have dropped 2lbs taking me to almost where I was before this crazy blip.yesterday my scales were going nutty giving me strange reading gaining 6lbs then dropping 4lbs I had 4 different readings all from same spot.

I saw a runner a few weeks ago with weighted vest....I imagine the same think as adding weights to a rucksack when walking? or do what i did yesterday get a few suplies forom village in rucksack and walk 6 miles with them over the hills;-)
Apr 2021
9:54am, 9 Apr 2021
14,322 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
That is interesting and shows the impact weight has on our bodies.

A friend is running 74 5k’s which ends in what would have been his dads 74th birthday - he started say after his funeral. He is wearing a weighted vest.

I keep saying I’m going to do paras10 as a TAB but never get round to training for it. Maybe for next year as this year it’s sold out with the transfer from last year.
Apr 2021
2:55pm, 9 Apr 2021
20,603 posts
  •  
Rosehip
I find running with a pack adds enough weight to be more tiring - and that encourages me that losing just some of my own extra weight will make things easier. A weighted vest is making my back and shoulders ache just thinking about it.
Apr 2021
5:44pm, 9 Apr 2021
2,144 posts
  •  
WtnMel
I have a built-in weighted vest .. probably accounts for why my knee complained back in December when I last ran ;) I've been overweight for a number of years to be honest - given the right knee seems to be refusing to let me run at the moment, makes me wonder how I managed to keep plodding on for so many years without any knee problems! As mentioned before, I'm doing stretching/strengthening daily, concentrating on trying to get my right knee to settle down. If it causes a problem when I try a walk/run in May, I'll go back to see my physio to get her verdict.

Getting back on topic (sort of) .. my mate had problems with his prostate a couple of years back which made me think of keeping an eye out for any symptoms myself. Thankfully, none so far but I have to remind myself I'm not getting any younger. My partner just reminds me to keep eating brazil nuts (supposed to be good for avoiding prostate problems.

A bit of a 'bitty' day today where eating is concerned. Been playing golf so had some corn thins/cheese and a cereal bar for my lunch. Got a bit cold as it rained so had a cup of tea when I got back in and didn't manage to resist the temptation to have a ginger/chocolate biscuit with it.
Apr 2021
5:51pm, 9 Apr 2021
24,474 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
I too have a heavy built in weighted vest!

My knees have been noticing increased Ironman training which isn’t what I wanted

They feel unstable at times not sure if this is lard related but it can’t help
azx
Apr 2021
5:57am, 10 Apr 2021
235 posts
  •  
azx
Morning fellow internal weight-vest and external weigh-vest wearers. -0.5/-0.1% today. Feel I'm back on track now. Just 0.4% BF above my minimum but lowest weight and BMI 24.0. Not sure how many calories I ate yesterday as my wife made some lamb casserole and I've no idea how to guess how much I ate and what its value was.
Apr 2021
7:13am, 10 Apr 2021
1,671 posts
  •  
Totriornottotri
Nice work Azx. I’m down 0.4 from yesterday and only 0.4 off my first goal weight. I’ll be off comms and scales from Monday.
azx
Apr 2021
8:20am, 10 Apr 2021
236 posts
  •  
azx
Great going Totri!
Just did my hill walk again with the full 20kg on. It added another 6 and a half minutes to the walk. My garmin doesn't really recognise it though.
Apr 2021
9:42am, 10 Apr 2021
72,351 posts
  •  
Hanneke
I don't think a Garmin recognises it, unless you upped your weight by the weight of the vest in settings?
Apr 2021
9:43am, 10 Apr 2021
72,352 posts
  •  
Hanneke
I suspect I am "unfair" on myself, as I haven't changed my setting from when I was a stone lighter...

About This Thread

Maintained by hellen
weight loss