Let's talk about inaugural parkruns after they've happened.

1 lurker | 310 watchers
Apr 2020
2:43pm, 26 Apr 2020
7,511 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
Yep, there’s a couple around here that launched since the shut down.
Apr 2020
3:21pm, 26 Apr 2020
567 posts
  •  
roberton
"The great parkrun return"

That does sound good. I look forward to that.

Maybe they'll all seem like inaugural ones? Parkrun rebooted.
Apr 2020
1:59pm, 30 Apr 2020
593 posts
  •  
BarefootEm
I can't wait to get back to parkrun!
May 2020
4:47pm, 1 May 2020
19,117 posts
  •  
flanker
I wouldn't hold your breath! I can see it being next year.
May 2020
10:32am, 3 May 2020
15,202 posts
  •  
Gooner
Imagine how busy that first weekend back is going to be! Congestioning hell!
May 2020
10:37am, 4 May 2020
107 posts
  •  
kevchenko
I don't think the first week back will be busy at all - people are going to be very wary of gatherings etc. for some months after life returns to "normal"
May 2020
10:55am, 4 May 2020
655 posts
  •  
BarefootEm
I agree Kev... I think there will be some busy ones, but generally, I think people will be thinking twice about it...

Plus people will potentially have 'better' things to do... visiting family and friends etc... plus there is the whole getting up and going to it... going to be strange having my parkrun alarm switched back on!
May 2020
2:44pm, 4 May 2020
37 posts
  •  
Rascal
BF Em, I think you are right. Runners behaviour will change. It will take a long time for people to feel comfortable 'shoulder to shoulder' at parkrun & races. Especially large city ones. Priority will be family and safety. The next 12 months will feel very odd. Although I've adjusted and the Fake parkruns on Fetch have been a good substitute.
May 2020
2:32pm, 11 May 2020
811 posts
  •  
Groundhog
Did a new Fake parkrun this week. Bloody silly course, seemed like it was nearly all uphill and didn't help that I got lost in the wooded section as well.

Might be back to the old Fake course next week. At least I know the way :-)
Jun 2020
6:53pm, 13 Jun 2020
287 posts
  •  
multiterrainer
Two new ones up here in Leeds/Bradford area are now live - were due to start today (Chevin Forest - hilly trail - possibly the new hilliest in Yorkshire) and next week (Roberts Park - a rare flat one in this area) but obviously will do so as and when. That said I have noticed people registering freedom runs at Chevin already!

About This Thread

Maintained by sLickster
There may be an inaugural parkrun happening near you. Best to check with the local parkrun volunteers to see if they want you to know about it or not.

Otherwise there are plenty of already established parkruns to go to in the UK and abroad, see: parkrun.org.uk