Importing using the Garmin Communicator Plugin

74 watchers
Apr 2015
7:18am, 30 Apr 2015
2,912 posts
  •  
run-forest-run
Does anyone still use the Garmin ANT stick ? Google Chrome seems to have stopped supporting the plug in and makes me use explorer. Does anyone have a way round this ?
Apr 2015
7:36am, 30 Apr 2015
15,973 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
http://www.fetcheveryone.com/cms-72
Apr 2015
2:55pm, 30 Apr 2015
15,835 posts
  •  
flanker
what he said! use Ant+ to upload to Garmin Connect and then get fetch to pull it down from there
May 2015
10:46am, 1 May 2015
1,884 posts
  •  
MarkyMarkMark
Although Garmin seem to change their software randomly and the upload to the Connect site doesn't always seem to work - about 1/3 of the time I have to force a transfer.

Also if you've got Garmin Express on your PC it seems to get a bit confused - my OH's Forunner 10 only works with Express - and I get either her data showing on my screens or vice versa!

Obviously the Fetch link works perfectly... :-)
May 2015
11:07am, 1 May 2015
4,893 posts
  •  
Badger
Yup, if you have ANT agent and Express running in the background together, they'll compete for the stick. I've mostly just been using Express, but it had issues with 310xts recently when I wanted to use my old one for something so I have ANT agent as well at the moment. Requires caution :)
Jun 2015
10:01pm, 17 Jun 2015
16,022 posts
  •  
Meglet
Anybody having trouble with garmin connect tonight? (910xt and ANT and Garmin Express). Activity has cleared from the screen and Express says it's up to date. Activity hasn't appeared in strava or Fetch, and Connect won't let me into my dashboard, it keeps saying 'error' and is acting as if I haven't set anything up.
Grrr
Jun 2015
10:04pm, 17 Jun 2015
2,565 posts
  •  
Nelly
Yeah, I'm the same Meglet.
Jun 2015
10:10pm, 17 Jun 2015
16,023 posts
  •  
Meglet
Not even getting the error message now.
Thanks, now I know its not just me I'll leave it for a bit.
Jun 2015
10:12pm, 17 Jun 2015
107 posts
  •  
StuHolmes
On their fb page...

We're aware of this issue and are currently working on a resolution. We've updated the status page to reflect this. Please keep checking back on garminconnect.com/status, which will be updated again once it has been fixed.

...but they haven't updated their status page
Jun 2015
10:12pm, 17 Jun 2015
16,024 posts
  •  
Meglet
Ah, I checked that status page before I came here. Not opening at all now. Guess I'll just have to be patient!

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Just a little note to say thanks for all the comments here and via feedback. The test phase was useful for knocking off a lot of bugs, but there's nothing like the thrill of putting something live to really get that usability feedback flowing :-)

Here's the TO DO list following feedback from users:

1) Solution for only showing runs since last update - DONE
2) Links on successful import to allow direct route to edit/view - DONE
3) Avoid reloading data on choosing different time view.
4) Stop people pressing the button more than once - DONE
5) Auto detect sport where available.
6) Fix rogue pace zones (reported by Duchess, MacApple et al)
7) Max speed (for Mick173)
8) Smoother import of elevation data.