Importing Training?

3 watchers
gt
Apr 2018
10:39pm, 22 Apr 2018
5 posts
  •  
gt
I use a Garmin watch for running which records all my runs perfectly well.
For cycling I use a Wahoo bike computer as I find Garmin bike computers to be a bit rubbish.

My Wahoo uploads everything into their cloud based app and is linked with my strava account but I doesn’t seem to be possible to upload from either the Wahoo or strava on to Fetch.

Is there any way to do this or would I just need to log everything manually?
Apr 2018
2:32am, 23 Apr 2018
15,901 posts
  •  
Dvorak
I had not heard of the Wahoo before but I was curious, so I looked at the instructions online (Wahoo ELEMNT BOLT). In the Profile menu of the app, in the linked accounts section, there is an option for Dropbox. A possible solution may be to have a Dropbox Basic (free!) account and authorise in in the app, then (if I have read it correctly), completed rides will upload automatically to Dropbox from the bike computer via wifi (like to Str*v*).

My reasoning here is that the file format downloaded to Dropbox may be a gpx or tcx file, which can then be downloaded into Fetch Everyone. Slightly fiddly, but my own (Crane Sports, from Aldi) watch works in similar way. (In my case I Bluetooth it onto the phone, then manually sync app to Crane website, which has an option for gps download. I then download the gps, and upload to FE.)
gt
Apr 2018
6:06am, 23 Apr 2018
6 posts
  •  
gt
Thanks for that.

I've got a Dropbox account so I'll try and set it up to see if it works.
gt
Apr 2018
4:18pm, 23 Apr 2018
7 posts
  •  
gt
I’ve given it a go and that’s working to import training.
It’s a bit of a long-winded way to do it but at least I can do it now.
Apr 2018
5:24pm, 23 Apr 2018
19,237 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
It might help a bit if you save up a few at a time, and upload them all as one ZIP file.
gt
Apr 2018
8:35am, 24 Apr 2018
8 posts
  •  
gt
Thanks Fetch, I never realised i could do that :-)
Apr 2018
10:34am, 25 Apr 2018
15,910 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Glad that has worked for you bike :-).
Jun 2018
8:26am, 13 Jun 2018
1,081 posts
  •  
beebop
I’ve been uploading automatically to Fetch via Garmin since I can’t remember when - however, nothing has uploaded since 6th June. Any ideas on how to fix this very welcome!
Jun 2018
9:43pm, 13 Jun 2018
1,083 posts
  •  
beebop
Bit numptyish, that up there - problem was at Garmin’s end. Sorted, at least for now. Please ignore!
Aug 2018
7:41pm, 11 Aug 2018
4,960 posts
  •  
Peacey
Having problems uploading to FE too. My watch syncs to the garmin app but it won’t link to FE, I’ve repeatedly linked my accounts but no joy. Only just started happening :-(
Any ideas?

About This Thread

Maintained by
I use a Garmin watch for running which records all my runs perfectly well.
For cycling I use a Waho...