Importing Polar files - help!

3 watchers
Aug 2020
6:49pm, 29 Aug 2020
49 posts
  •  
compartmental
Hi everyone, I’m a bit stumped & reaching out to the Fetch hive mind.

I’m trying to consolidate all my run data from the three phase of my running life (MapMyRun, polar, Garmin) into Fetch. I’ve managed the .tcx files from MMR & the Garmin .fit files, which leaves me with 3 years worth of Polar files, which Polar have provided as .json files (naturally).

The previous forum post I’ve seen have been about uploading the .gtx files from Polar & separate heart rate files but I can’t find anything about what to do with .json files.

Alternatively, is there a way to get Polar to provide all that lovely data in a format I can actually use?

Thank you Fetchies :D
Aug 2020
6:57pm, 29 Aug 2020
13,152 posts
  •  
Cerrertonia
If the data is on the Polar Flow website, it can be exported as .gpx.
Aug 2020
7:21pm, 29 Aug 2020
741 posts
  •  
Sam Jelfs
If you get really stuck I can probably write some code to convert the JSON to gpx for you, would need an example JSON file though.
Aug 2020
8:27pm, 29 Aug 2020
51 posts
  •  
compartmental
Hi Cerrertonia, how do I do that? When i requested previously I got the weird file format....

SJ you’re very kind, I’ll try a few more things first (especially if I can download easier files) but really appreciate your offer :D
Aug 2020
6:53pm, 30 Aug 2020
13,153 posts
  •  
Cerrertonia
You can go to an individual training session on flow.polar.com and click on the button that says export session. You can then choose whether you want .gpx, .tcx or .csv format. Obviously doing it for each session individually is painful, so I guess you're using the download all of my data feature? This seems like they're doing it to comply with EU GPDR regulations, and presumably it is what is giving you .json files.

There are a couple of web services available that will download data from polar for you (findable with google) e.g. flow-exporter.ddns.net

There are also various repositories on github with conversion code of the kind Sam is offering to help with.
Sep 2021
8:55pm, 25 Sep 2021
First-time poster!!
  •  
Aldi
Hi!

I have written a Polar JSON to FIT converter.
It converts the .json files you find in your Polar Flow export into the Garmin FIT file format, mostly lossless! Garmin FIT is more common in general and you can upload those files to a lot of platforms then.
tredict.com

Hope you find is useful.
Aldi

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by compartmental
Hi everyone, I’m a bit stumped & reaching out to the Fetch hive mind.

I’m trying to consolid...