Ikano Robin Hood Marathon and Half Marathon 2014

10 watchers
Sep 2014
11:34am, 24 Sep 2014
1,093 posts
  •  
Lemon10
I've not been feeling brilliant this last couple of weeks TBH but I will give it a good go on the day and do what I can! Hopefully it's just taper blues Hissing Sid. I am really looking forward to the weekend as I have family in the area so spending time with them too. Short run for me tonight and maybe again Friday but nothing much, one or two miles. I hope everyone else is fit and well and raring to go!
Sep 2014
11:43am, 24 Sep 2014
949 posts
  •  
lady alton
Starting to pack my bag, but waiting till tomorrow to see what the weather is going to be like. OH and I are doing the full but Al is doing the half. He hasn't done as much training as he would like since work keeps getting in the way! OH has a dodgy big toe, following Manchester the toe nail has been on it's way out but I think not all of it came off and there's bit still there. But it doesn't hurt when he runs so fingers crossed.
Last run for me probably Friday morning then marshal at RD parkrun on Saturday before driving up in the afternoon. If it's warm enough plan to wear new fetch top!
Sep 2014
12:11pm, 24 Sep 2014
416 posts
  •  
faithfulred
Not long to go! Easy 4 miles for me today. Bit nervous about it really as I've never run a marathon so underprepared, but we'll see how it goes.
Sep 2014
12:59pm, 24 Sep 2014
541 posts
  •  
Johnny Panic
Final week preparations at the secret Panic Training Venue in Beeston are the usual mix of (a) worrying and (b) deciding what vest to wear. Actual running was 7 mile fartleks on Monday, 10 miles with 2x1 mile "hard" yesterday, 2 easy runs today, 2(8x200m) tomorrow, 2 easys on Friday and maybe 15 minutes on Saturday if I can be bothered...

Some of you might find you benefit from a few strides on Thursday rather than letting yourselves go stale this week... but up to you.
Sep 2014
8:52pm, 25 Sep 2014
3,875 posts
  •  
Watford Wobble
Where's the best place to park on Sunday? The instructions have 5 car parks and all infer limited space.
Sep 2014
8:55pm, 25 Sep 2014
5,850 posts
  •  
Ness
Good question. I hadn't worked it out either.
Sep 2014
8:59pm, 25 Sep 2014
115 posts
  •  
Gromit
Hmmm I'm local ish , about 40 minute drive away but think I will park on one of the side streets say a 10 minute walk away as most of the car parks look like they will be closed , as I'm doing the half I don't want to get trapped there until all the marathon peeps have finished .....
Sep 2014
9:07pm, 25 Sep 2014
420 posts
  •  
faithfulred
I'll be taking the train to Nottingham Station
Sep 2014
9:20pm, 25 Sep 2014
1,058 posts
  •  
mole_thing
Arriving by train on Saturday and staying overnight.

Went for a short run today and everything seems to be working, so really looking forward to it.

Good luck everyone.
Sep 2014
9:21pm, 25 Sep 2014
542 posts
  •  
Johnny Panic
I've always used Car Park A, because it's the biggest and closest. I'll usually arrive fairly early though (0730ish) because once you've had breakfast and a pooh, there's not much to be done other than sit about - which can be done in a car park as easily as home.

You can get out of A before the marathon (or even the half) has finished, by using the Bathley St exit. It's a bit of a bummer driving round Meadows but at least you're out of the car park.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lemon10
It's getting closer to the race date, how has everyone's training gone? I haven't received my nu...