Ignis Womens 10k Glasgow

7 watchers
Apr 2012
9:03am, 15 Apr 2012
575 posts
  •  
Labwalker
With less than a month to go to Women's 10k. It would be good for Fetchie girls (young and old), to share our hopes for the day.

Personally I am really excited as this was my first ever race last year which I walk/jogged as I had started running 6 weeks before. :-)

Hopefully we can meet as many Fetch girls as possible oon the day.
Apr 2012
1:21pm, 15 Apr 2012
1,057 posts
  •  
Duchess
Well I'm entered ... But still not sure I'm going to turn up :-(. I don't think I've got the hang of the inhaler yet; can't run much beyond a mile at a time without having to stop which would make a 10k a bit slow and painful. Disappointed. :-(
Apr 2012
5:14pm, 15 Apr 2012
577 posts
  •  
Labwalker
Duchess you have to do what's right for your health, but it's a few weeks away yet, at least you've entered and you can decide nearer the time. Take it easy :-)
Apr 2012
6:15pm, 15 Apr 2012
76 posts
  •  
princesszee
This will be my third time running this race. I love the atmosphere and all the happy ladies with no guys in sight, hehe!
Apr 2012
6:33pm, 15 Apr 2012
580 posts
  •  
Labwalker
Lol last year one of the jog leaders told me the reason she liked it was because there was no smell of male sweat. ;-)
Apr 2012
6:35pm, 15 Apr 2012
77 posts
  •  
princesszee
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a guy hater or anything, lol. There's just something nice about a race just for us girlies!! :D
Apr 2012
6:49pm, 15 Apr 2012
297 posts
  •  
shyfire
There is a definite whiff of 'fake bake' about the place on race day though ;-)

I'm in since not going to be cramming in last minute long runs this year & can take as long as it takes to get around :-)
Apr 2012
7:28pm, 15 Apr 2012
581 posts
  •  
Labwalker
PZ Agree whole heardedly, a girlie day is just nice now and then. The Guys have their day in June after all.

SF, Fake Bake :-). As long as the rain stays off and they don't streak. LOL
Apr 2012
7:35pm, 15 Apr 2012
261 posts
  •  
jacs205
Labwalker, it was my first race too back when it was still the Britannic Asset Management. I have to agree that I kind of like it because the number of spitters is much reduced to not having the boys around. I'm a bit shy of saying what I hope for it but after today's PB I'd kind of love to get another for 10K too but that's being a bit greedy I suppose:)
Apr 2012
7:46pm, 15 Apr 2012
582 posts
  •  
Labwalker
Well Done on today's PB, fantastic. Not greedy at all Jacs, reach for your dreams that's what I say, nothing is impossible. Go for it. :-).

About This Thread

Maintained by
With less than a month to go to Women's 10k. It would be good for Fetchie girls (young and old), to...