If you are interested in the pose method of running

44 watchers
Dec 2009
4:38pm, 28 Dec 2009
7,321 posts
  •  
Ultra Dunc
Steve - it sounds like PF to me as well , get onto it pronto .
Dec 2009
5:08pm, 28 Dec 2009
16,450 posts
  •  
Hills of Death (HOD)
I should be going to cabletow sessions who can i meet up with locally ? NRG is out of action at the mo so anyone in the south really
Dec 2009
5:58pm, 28 Dec 2009
115 posts
  •  
Jhuff
HOD,

I am in the south.......south USA that is :)
Dec 2009
7:18pm, 28 Dec 2009
3,696 posts
  •  
BelleVueRacer♣of Beartown
HOD - my calf went in May - due to poor form. Not sure how far you are down The POSE road so take my not very qualified advice with a pinch of salt...

For me it was caused by pushing off - a habit that still plagues me quite a bit! To get out of it I use what I call the 5 Ls...

LEAN - lean forward to speed up. Don't increase your gait, let the lean force you to do that.

LINE - Rremember to check you alignement regularly
LOOSE - remember to loosen up. In my case I need to loosen up on the feet hence I have a nice dose of PF now (at least it's not a proper injury :-) )

LIGHT - don't land with a clump, touch the ground lightly, this can be achieved through...
LIFT - focus on lifting your ankles (in a straight LINE)

What we all need is a physio who runs POSE.... there are so many opposing opinions about form, cause and rehab.

*disclaimer - don't take any notice of what I have posted until a POSE coach has commented*
*disclaimer II - don;t listen to anyone who tells you POSE is easy, when you find it hard and someone tells you how simple it is you'll want to smash your head so far through your monitor your head will penetrate the wall behind it*

:-)
Dec 2009
8:22pm, 28 Dec 2009
123 posts
  •  
Jhuff
Steve,

For beginners I think we typically always find learning new things HARD. As we practice and learn they usually begin to get much easier. Over much consistent patience and practice I have found that using the Pose Method has become quite easy :)
Dec 2009
9:20pm, 28 Dec 2009
3,698 posts
  •  
BelleVueRacer♣of Beartown
*pulls head out of wall* ;-)

It does get easier, aye
Dec 2009
1:14pm, 29 Dec 2009
16,452 posts
  •  
Hills of Death (HOD)
Thanks guys It's getting very frustrating this calf thing. So I'll need some one 2one coaching to kick me off
Jun 2010
5:10pm, 1 Jun 2010
22 posts
  •  
Run Fat Girl Run
Hi, i read a load of stuff about pose this weekend and went out and gave it a go today but not sure whether i got it right. I felt light and faster and running downhill was kinder on my legs. I think i lent to far forward at times but am not sure, can anyone tell me what it feels like?
Jun 2010
5:12pm, 1 Jun 2010
10,273 posts
  •  
Stumpy
this thread over here is the one that is currently the one where there is much discussion
http://www.fetcheveryone.com/viewtopic.php?id=26100

PS, welcome to fetch.
Jun 2010
5:13pm, 1 Jun 2010
13,237 posts
  •  
eL Bee!
RFGR - blimey - this thread reappears.

There is a thread which is posted on all the time http://www.fetcheveryone.com/viewtopic.php?id=26100 which is the one that is mostly used these days.

About This Thread

Maintained by cabletow
The pose thread has become infected with the virus that often infects threads about running techniqu...