If you are interested in the pose method of running

44 watchers
Jul 2009
9:44am, 18 Jul 2009
16,971 posts
  •  
cabletow
The pose thread has become infected with the virus that often infects threads about running technique.

I apologise to anyone who is genuinely interested in l;earning about how to run in a manner that improves your biomechanics and aids recovery from or prevention of injuries.

This is a thread for those who really want to learn about things like - the best type of shoe, the bits of your running that are hurting you etc.

Leave the other thread for the bickering please
Jul 2009
10:35am, 18 Jul 2009
1,593 posts
  •  
toddytyke
Good luck CT. I hope that this thread does not go the same way as the others but suspect that fmail is the only way forward. Or, you could blog to buddies only. Anyway, all the best in helping people move more efficiently.
Jul 2009
10:37am, 18 Jul 2009
396 posts
  •  
IanRunner
hi Cable.Its what I need thanks.Whats the best way 2 start please?
Jul 2009
10:37am, 18 Jul 2009
5,209 posts
  •  
Ultra Dunc
Can anyone tell me that while learning to run more efficiently are my race times likely to be slower during the early days ?
Jul 2009
10:41am, 18 Jul 2009
4,118 posts
  •  
welly
i dont really adhere to the technique, I think I would need one to one instruction to start but I must say that my ankles and achilles problems have all but disappeared now I relax my ankles and feet more :)
Jul 2009
10:57am, 18 Jul 2009
5,114 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Good luck CT!! Can we have a sweepstake on how long it takes for *certain* types to change a thread with a clear remit, to answer, help, support and encourage to descend into factionalism, infighting and general tw*tness?! I give it 14 minutes!! :-)G

I'm in the welly school at the moment, of trying the principles, without the formal training. I am, however, saving up my pennies, because I *will* def at some point in the near future, enrol for a clinic and proper formal training. The informal stuff I ahve done so far pays dividends, day in day out. Reduced injury, reduced discomfort, increased pace, increased energy in middle or end of a race or hard training. The list goes on...

Thanks to CT, Boab, IanM etc. all for suggesting, advising, supporting and for brining the formal coaching to us. Happy Saturday! :-)G
Jul 2009
11:03am, 18 Jul 2009
8,086 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
UD, no, there is no reason why starting to make POSE-type changes would slow you down, even temporarily.

I had a noticeable improvement in my pace/effort ratio after the POSE clinic, despite already being a reasonably tidy forefoot striker beforehand, and that has persisted :)

Others have commented that once they've got the perception, they've been surprised at how fast they've been running with relative ease.
Jul 2009
11:03am, 18 Jul 2009
1,423 posts
  •  
Torry Quine
Hi CT - I'd like to dip in now and then. Did some barefoot with coach & a friend through the week. It's the way forward I think. I still run out of breath too soon though. Drill, drill & drill again.
Jul 2009
11:09am, 18 Jul 2009
366 posts
  •  
windassisted
I have a question about shoes. I have had a fair bit of physio for achilles tendonitis, and he has recommended that I have orthotics to stop the problem recurring. As far as I understand it, POSE is about running more efficiently, and reducing heelstrike, which should reduce risk of achilles trouble. If this is the case, should i get orthotics? I have done some barefoot running on a treadmill, and noticed that my footstrike is very different than when I am running in my trainers. So should I invest in minimal shoes, or go for the orthotics?

And is it best to start with the drills/book/dvd etc, or the shoes?

Thanks!
Jul 2009
11:24am, 18 Jul 2009
6,159 posts
  •  
Girlie
I would like to ask are there any good books you could recommend. I wouldn't mind reading up on this, as i'm sure I don't run correctly, which is why I lurch from injury to injury, and I'm no sure what i'm doing incorrectly nor how to correct it.

At the moment, I can't justify nor afford the expense of a course, esp as I am in Peterborough and having to factor in travelling expenses etc.

About This Thread

Maintained by cabletow
The pose thread has become infected with the virus that often infects threads about running techniqu...