IBS

10 watchers
Nov 2016
8:36am, 4 Nov 2016
3,787 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
I looked at FODMAP link and the majority of the foods that it tells you to eat are on my list of foods I cant eat due to my yeast intollerane - its a bloody minefield...
May 2017
11:02am, 13 May 2017
25,542 posts
  •  
Mrs Jigs (Luverlylegs)
I really need to get a grip on my IBS issue, a sudden attack forced me to pull out of a recent 10k when I was embarrassingly caught short with no hiding place, last night I had to stop twice during a 5 mile race, training runs more often than not include a toilet break, I am getting so frustrated with this problem :-(
May 2017
6:44pm, 13 May 2017
4,753 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
Mrs Jigs it is why I train on my own most of the time. Gets embarrassing and at least on my own I can make sure there are loos on the routes
Dec 2021
11:42am, 21 Dec 2021
34,846 posts
  •  
LullayDaisy
I'm glad I found this thread! After my 10k race on Sunday I started to get initially mild stomach cramps which I guess I would characterize as 'trapped wind' but over the last 24 hours it got worse and last night I was woken numerous times by the pain. There's no blood in my poo or wee (none that I can see anyway) but there is mucus with my poo.

I've never knowingly had IBS before though I am occasionally caught short when out running - I know every public loo there is!!

I know I didn't drink enough before or after my race on Sunday and unusually for me, I took no walking breaks. Is a combination of dehydration and more intense effort a possible cause do you think? I should say that some years ago I used to get slightly bloody mucus after a long run. A sigmoidoscopy showed nothing and I was sent on my way with a diagnosis of 'jogger's colon'. It did settle after that but maybe it's making an unwelcome return :-(

As this thread hasn't been updated for a few years I hope all previous posters now manage their symptoms without a problem!
Dec 2021
12:04pm, 21 Dec 2021
13,287 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
Hello Daisy, I have a issue when out walking the dog this morning - mine seems to be food related but trying to work out what. Don't run for enough now but really suffered when I did run and like you knew all the loos stops and runs planned around them.

Hope tummy settles and you find out what caused it

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by The Juicer
Bleurgh. Anyone else suffer from horrible IBS?

I get it every now and then. Usually lasts 3 or 4 ...