IBS

10 watchers
Nov 2016
12:26pm, 3 Nov 2016
3,782 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
I suffer big time with IBS. Have had lots of tests done, cameras etc etc. It is certain foods yes, and cant tolerate much fruit and certain vegetables.

Running is a big issue and one of the reasons I am a solo runner most of the time.

Have different size clothes for different days and always have to think larger loose items if going out to eat and not in control of the menu. It can be right pain in the !!!!
Nov 2016
2:10pm, 3 Nov 2016
394 posts
  •  
Ulric
This latest episode seems to be fizzling out but still nervous going forward. Toying with doing a parkrun on empty on Saturday, then taking a preemptive pill for the big race the following weekend. Or I could just wing it ;-)

Does anyone pop an Imodium preemptively before a race even in the absence of symptoms that day?
Nov 2016
2:12pm, 3 Nov 2016
395 posts
  •  
Ulric
Jigs, shame about the xc, I'd have thought it was ideal for cover surely ;-) as long as its through the woods...
Nov 2016
3:32pm, 3 Nov 2016
24,420 posts
  •  
Mrs Jigs (Luverlylegs)
There are no hiding places and the thought of finishing too low down would stress me more :-(

I have tried taking Imodium as a precaution but not only is it ineffective it then leaves me with more problems in the following few days.
Nov 2016
7:52pm, 3 Nov 2016
3,783 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
Am the same as Mrs Jigs - immodium causes me other issues, after but I do take it anyway as it certainly seems to help. With out it sometimes I am ok on long runs other times it's a nightmare.
Nov 2016
8:07pm, 3 Nov 2016
396 posts
  •  
Ulric
Are we talking about going from one extreme to the other? Or some other side effect?
Nov 2016
8:08pm, 3 Nov 2016
24,423 posts
  •  
Mrs Jigs (Luverlylegs)
Extremes in my case
Nov 2016
8:12pm, 3 Nov 2016
34,791 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
My earlier post disappeared :-O I posted that I've never taken Imodium because I'd rather take my chance with my cantankerous colon (there have been very few occasions when it's interrupted a race) than risk being bunged up afterwards or having unexpected side effects.
Nov 2016
6:41am, 4 Nov 2016
3,784 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
I suffer with being a tad bunged up after. During one Brighton marathon I think I had to stop at every single loo stop. I really do have to plan my running very well.
Nov 2016
7:33am, 4 Nov 2016
21,519 posts
  •  
halfpint
Another IBS sufferer here. Stress triggers but food also. Although when I am stressed I don't eat very well so that may be the connection. I have asthma, excema and hay fever and am generally a sensitive wee soul. I have always assumed there is a connection. A friend just started the FODMAP diet and I have considered it.

About This Thread

Maintained by The Juicer
Bleurgh. Anyone else suffer from horrible IBS?

I get it every now and then. Usually lasts 3 or 4 ...