5:52pm, 10 Jul 2017
The TerminatorHere is an email I just sent about IaPL 2018 - If you feel you may be able to help in any way, want to know the itinerary, the charity links and/or what else I have planned please fmail me your email address and I will get in touch. I'm excited this is finally going to be happening again after 5 years of faffing. Last time the Fetch community was nothing short of amazing.
I've written this in a blog too. No apologies.
You are receiving this email as you have either been part of my hare brained ideas previously or have already committed to, or are in discussions about, helping me in 2018. Otherwise you are one of my long suffering family members or friends who I think may be interested and I’m including you anyway.
Way back in 2013 I attempted to raise money for charity by running 750 miles in 4 weeks around 20+ of the most successful Premier League sides of all time, an attempt that was derailed by injury after 6 days and around 190 miles. Next July and August I am going to try again (with a little extra for luck) and have attached a basic itinerary to give you some idea of where I will be and when. Please see the charity links on the end on my mail to give you a picture of the causes I’m supporting and exactly what I have planned, as well as this, until 2020 (It gets crazier and yes I have already entered the 2020 event)
It may be that you feel you won’t be able to, or don’t want to commit to, help me again and if that is the case please let me take this opportunity to thanks you for your time and support previously and to this juncture. Just reply quickly to this email and I will remove you from my list.
If you are still reading, and whilst I have your attention, let me give you a brief outline of the support and help I am looking for to help give me the best chance of completing the challenge.
1. Unlike last time I am hoping for a large part to have the family with me in a motor home and currently have somebody looking into securing corporate sponsorship for the costs of the vehicle. Maybe you think you know someone who may be able help with this too? Otherwise I will probably need to secure people to drive the motor home for parts of the challenge where family are not available. Exact logisitics are not decided on yet but let me know if you think this may interest you.
2. Clearly as much support as I move around the country is still a priority for me, looking forward to meeting and running with people will help so much in keeping me going. Hopefully I won’t need a place to stay as well if I have the motor home but again, until things are clarified, let me know if you would be interested in supporting in any of these ways.
3. I would like a professional website and logo this time around and am hopeful that I have sourced both of these, certainly a logo. Any other IT experts willing to offer their services?
4. It would also be great to have a short promotional video made for the website and other communications. I may be able to get this done in work but shout if is something you feel able to help with.
5. I plan on having two or three charity nights, an official launch and pre and post event nights, and any items I can source for raffle or auction would be much appreciated. Clearly I will be contacting all the clubs and other businesses but maybe you know someone who can help or are best mates with Wayne Rooney etc…
6. Lastly, for now, one of the key things in making the charity fundraising aspect a success is publicity so, yet again, any media contacts that be utilised would be greatly appreciated.
So I will leave you there to digest that information and decide whether you would like to be involved or not, I appreciate I am planning to do it at a busy family time (and the hottest part of the year) but I have to plan around work commitments and also my 20th wedding anniversary. Yes some things are more important than running
Give me a shout with an idea of anything you think you can get involved in or help with and I will put you down and be in touch.
Many thanks. Peace.
7:16pm, 10 Jul 2017
AutumnleavesHave commented on your blog but just to add here that helping out in 2013 was a privilege - really looking forward to being part of the next version!
7:25pm, 10 Jul 2017
The TerminatorThanks AL. Were you on my email list?
7:57pm, 10 Jul 2017
AutumnleavesYep I have the dates - we'll be on stand by and if I can think of any other ways to help I will let you know!
About This Thread
Maintained by The Terminator
- Apperley Bridge Canter GFA 2018
- Milton Keynes Marathon - 7th May 2018
- The Spine 2018
- Big Fetch Mile 2018
- Two Tommy's Year Challenge: 1st April 2018 - 31st March 2019
- Ride 100 2018
- VLM 2018 Water station and marshals thread
- Do a New Thing for Spring (2018)
- The Queen is to start London Marathon 2018
- Commonwealth games 2018