i was just getting some where and then!

2 watchers
Aug 2012
8:41pm, 7 Aug 2012
19 posts
  •  
Shaun2000
i just felt i was getting some where with my running and i woke up yesterday morning with a swollen foot ans cant put my weight on it been to the drs and thye think it might be gout but have got to wait untill i get blood test results back it going to take ages before i can go out for a run again?
Aug 2012
12:38am, 14 Aug 2012
622 posts
  •  
icklevee
kow how you are feeling kinda there. back in April I was really flying and picking up the pace, and then bang, hurt my hip on a race. Carried on racing and training on it, but it suddenly got alot worse, injured my calf too, rested for ages, tried running again, in agony.

Ordered to not run/cycle for a month (I suspect thats the minimum time to allow inflammation to go down to xray hip). I am counting down the days and doing upper body strength training instead.

How long did they say until your results back?
Aug 2012
1:27am, 14 Aug 2012
5,478 posts
  •  
Dvorak
If it's gout, yes.

And if you try to run and "save" the foot, you'll probably injure something else (see above)
Aug 2012
1:32am, 14 Aug 2012
626 posts
  •  
icklevee
Thanks for the Dvorak - yes - I did get told at the time too, but thought cutting my mileage would work.........but maybe doing a number of races close together not long after (and advised by one who trained pros not to) didn't help my situ.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Shaun2000
i just felt i was getting some where with my running and i woke up yesterday morning with a swollen ...