I've Never Seen Star Wars - a diversion

15 watchers
Oct 2020
10:06am, 29 Oct 2020
28,641 posts
  •  
Wriggling Snake
you must watch Ghostbusters...the remake was a bit average...the original is in my top 5 films.
Oct 2020
10:20am, 29 Oct 2020
6,529 posts
  •  
Raemond
Nellers is probably right that there should be a poll or something to determine what thing that a bunch of people haven't done is going to be the one to be done so that folk can report back... (there's a cracking sentence!)

It could be a another blog theme like the weekly blogging challenge, perhaps?
#INSSW
Oct 2020
10:31am, 29 Oct 2020
36,249 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Well, this took off better / quicker than I expected!!

By having "I've never seen..." in the title, as Ms Sharkster points out it risks overlapping with the thread of that name. But that isn't the intention.

It's not about telly/movie watching it's about stuff you've never done.

So, the good ones I've seen are:

* never had milk except cows
* never done zoom or facebook (I'm going to cull facebook, cos there are reasons folk don't want to do that. I'll make it zoom or any other video calling app)

Let's pick one by mid day tomorrow (Friday), then for a week, anyone that wants can try the chosen challenge, report back during the week and by the next Friday we'll start suggesting a new topic. No "winners".

Sound good. So, until tomorrow lunch time it's agree a topic. I'm not doing polls or voting, unless it really warrants it. Pick one of the above, or suggest another one (or any good ones I've missed from last 6 pags) and then let's all (or whoever wants) do it?!

I'm on for milk. I have vaguely tasted other non dairy, but haven't done it for a whole week, so that would be my approach.. But each to their own. :-) G
Oct 2020
10:32am, 29 Oct 2020
36,250 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
And the only thing it won't be is movies or TV series cos that's too similar to the other I have never seen thread. Unless the Fetch massive clamour for a mass viewing of Casablanca or something! :-) G
Oct 2020
10:34am, 29 Oct 2020
54,297 posts
  •  
Diogenes
Oat milk. It’s oat milk that Mrs D currently has.
Oct 2020
10:36am, 29 Oct 2020
28,643 posts
  •  
Wriggling Snake
I couldn't do without milk, I can put up with almond milk on cereal, oat milk, no unless in porridge, but at least I have had a go at them :-).
Oct 2020
10:36am, 29 Oct 2020
36,251 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Dio - your "never had..." is number one on the list! If folk want, then the week's challenge is to mainline some onther non-cow milk for the week and report back. Dealer's choice of what milk or milk types each person wants to go with. :-) G
Oct 2020
10:37am, 29 Oct 2020
36,252 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
WS, each person's choice. If you have already tried non-cow milk then it's probably not a challenge you can go into. You could do your own variation of *only* non-cow. But it's not meant to be a sticking forks in your eyes challenge!
Oct 2020
11:03am, 29 Oct 2020
54,301 posts
  •  
Diogenes
I once tried making porridge with just water, but only because we didn’t have any milk. It wasn’t as bad as expected, but I haven’t done it again.
Oct 2020
11:29am, 29 Oct 2020
28,645 posts
  •  
Wriggling Snake
I like the look of a 3k race, in all this time I have not done one, TBH I'm not really one for sticking forks in my eyes :-) ! That list over there, I have actually tried most of it, including a very short spell of veganism (never again), the only ones missing are Life Drawing (which I may have done in Art lessons way back, I was ok with pencils, buddism....

FYI the public singing was at a wedding, country roads if you must know....

About This Thread

Maintained by HappyG(rrr)
The premise of the R4 show of the same name "I've Never Seen Star Wars", is a guest is interviewed about one or more common things they've never done, give them a try and say whether they liked them or not. Usually ranging from "Yes, that confirmed my suspicion that it's something I would hate." to "Thank you so much, this is a revelation and has changed my life."

We could have a sort of turn about of

duck everyone suggest a thing,
:-) by end of week choose a topic
muppet then for e.g. a week, everyone who wants to, who has never done it, give it a go and post their findings.

chaffinch Then pick another topic for the next one.

Or something. I dunno. Or this could just be one of those "New Thread" on the sidebar with just one post in it. This one. Lots of love, heart, Me. :-) G

Week ending 12:00GMT Fri 30 Oct 2020
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The thread to pick one of these for people to try the following week...

* never had milk except cows'
* never done zoom or any other video calling
* never run a 3,000m race (or time trial, in these restricted times?)

(Example topics from the R4 show if we're ever struggling to pick one)

* wear jeans,

* plays Grand Theft Auto,

* tries Buddhist meditation

* bakes a cake.

* has a spray tan,

* eats Jugged Hare,

* changes a car tyre.

* has a pedicure,

* sings in public,

* goes vegan,

* dances in public,

* listens to the charts as an adult.