Hybrid or full trail shoe?

5 watchers
Apr 2019
9:55am, 8 Apr 2019
5,771 posts
  •  
postieboy
It will be about the same for me um. First/last half mile or so will be road, then I'm out on the trails and fields
Apr 2019
10:04am, 8 Apr 2019
12,497 posts
  •  
Homer
I don't think half a mile at either end of the rub matters much, can just take it easy. With all the miles you've done I imagine your legs are pretty tough. You can then think about getting a good trail shoe for where you think you need to be.

Often I choose the lug size. 8mm is for really wet stuff, 4 is for light trails. Probably why I like the Roclites with 6mm lugs, seem to work for a wide range. I also use them for hill walking.
Apr 2019
10:04am, 8 Apr 2019
12,498 posts
  •  
Homer
run
Apr 2019
10:05am, 8 Apr 2019
12,499 posts
  •  
Homer
sight, I meant 'run' not rub. I'm so out of touch with the modern Fetch forum
Apr 2019
10:49am, 8 Apr 2019
5,772 posts
  •  
postieboy
I might venture down to my nearest Up and Running, see what they have there. With road shoes, I'm happy to buy whatever is the latest version of my current pair but as this is slightly unknown territory, trying some different ones on will be better.
Apr 2019
3:28pm, 8 Apr 2019
2,967 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
Never used Saucony, but the Peregrine's been around a long time and always gets decent reviews, sure they'll be great. Have fun :-)
Apr 2019
9:45pm, 8 Apr 2019
1,181 posts
  •  
SailorSteve
+1 for Peregrines here. I think they’re a bit lighter and less ‘clumpy’ than my Salomons on tarmac and pretty good on all but the squishiest surfaces. Might be a good compromise for you.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
I'm looking for a good all round shoe for both road and off road running. Most of my runs when ...