•  
Ex-pat Scot
Not finalised yet.
Sep 2011
1:50pm, 22 Sep 2011
9,610 posts
  •  
SODIron © 2002
I might enter this race at the weekend....just been thinking, I know I'm in the ballot for London and should I get through I could always do London as a 'fun run'...will have a chat with Mrs SOD when I get home later this evening.
Sep 2011
2:10pm, 22 Sep 2011
1,505 posts
  •  
TripletDad
I asked a while back as I have relatives in the Hessle area and I was told they were looking at using a good chunk of the East Hull 20 course and extending the start/finish into the city centre. This was a few months back though so things may have changed.
Sep 2011
2:46pm, 22 Sep 2011
9,611 posts
  •  
SODIron © 2002
would sound about right...I think I may just have a pop at this . :-)
MAG
Sep 2011
11:37am, 23 Sep 2011
83 posts
  •  
MAG
Apparently the Humber Bridge is likey to be used. I think they want to avoid Bridges over the river Hull and Railway lines, if so that would seem to rule out East Hull 20 course, if starting in the city centre.
Sep 2011
3:59pm, 23 Sep 2011
1,221 posts
  •  
jacko
from what i've heard all or most of the local running clubs not happy with them for not checking if it clashes with any local races ie
to close to east hull 20 and london marathon( not local)
also more likely to go west of hull

too expensive

no experience in organising such a big event
Sep 2011
4:58pm, 23 Sep 2011
18 posts
  •  
elskratcho
Its on HDM today, starts in city centre and includes the bridge and back again.< my guess is Start in Town or at KC, Anlaby road,- Boothferry Road - Bridge and Back again.>

There was a interview with a guy that Issues the race licences with Burnsy on bbc humberside a couple of days back - he was throwing lots and lots of potential probs at it and his is general tone was very negative in my opinion. Also views were aired that backed what you said Jacko about the local clubs not being happy.. I think maybe the problem is that City Council seem to be behind this and it looks like they want to build a big event to put hull on the Map, but I guess its if the local runners themselves get behind it.

TBH, I think a I'm unlikely to enter as i struggle to fit enough training in for a half , but really hope its a success.
Sep 2011
6:34pm, 23 Sep 2011
9,616 posts
  •  
SODIron © 2002
Interesting....I know some a cal running clubs were against the Bridlington Festival of Running and Alerthorpe Half-Marathon last year...their gripe was due to the fact that the organisers were out to make a profit, and are not local running clubs. My thought is...if they're fillin in a demand that local clubs can't or won't fill then what's the problem..?

About This Thread

Maintained by MAG
Any clues to the route?