Hull marathon 2012

31 watchers
May 2012
12:03pm, 4 May 2012
1,990 posts
  •  
Manc Girl
and Extramile for the Manchester Baggage fiasco .....
May 2012
12:06pm, 4 May 2012
2,834 posts
  •  
paul the builder
Manc Girl - I don't think that's the same sort of thing at all. Didn't they apologise pretty near straight-away, accept responsibility, and commit to improving for next time?
May 2012
12:10pm, 4 May 2012
424 posts
  •  
Nelly
PtB - exactly. And as far as I know any bags that were left over were (or are in the process of being) returned to the owners at the organisers own cost.
May 2012
12:35pm, 4 May 2012
10,193 posts
  •  
SODIron © 2002
you see that's a great example of a compnay taking ownership, admitting they cocked-up and putting steps in-place to resolve the issues....wheras ToroCSC and Karl jackson just denied there was a problem, then lied, then blamed the marshals, then vanished off the face of the earth.
May 2012
1:00pm, 4 May 2012
13,091 posts
  •  
Fenland Runner
Just to show what some Race Directors are capable I'm aware that one Race Director has offered reduced rates at his marathon for those that had another marathon (not his) cut from full to half marathon distance!!!
May 2012
1:10pm, 4 May 2012
41,690 posts
  •  
plodding hippo
Manc marathon organisers are fine and yes, took ownership of their mistakes
May 2012
1:11pm, 4 May 2012
26,856 posts
  •  
Foxy Davy
there are indeed some great Race Directors out there who go out of their way to help runners & it's a shame that one or two bad ones have to ruin it :(
May 2012
5:08pm, 4 May 2012
4 posts
  •  
Drifter
And, a distance note, the MK marathon was a little long because of flooding, the organisers made it clear what the problem was, described it as safety related (it clearly was) and I have not seen any complaints about the distance run, cf Hull. No explanation of the safety issue that caused the route change (was there one? I don't think so) and no apology.

On a different note, I asked for a list of the prize winners from Hull and have heard nothing. Since I know a runner who finished first (outside the first 3) in her age group and has received nothing, its not looking good for Hull again.
May 2012
5:21pm, 4 May 2012
13,093 posts
  •  
Fenland Runner
Foxy, in my limited experience, the race organisers and race directors that consistently get it right are also runners. Can you see the link?
May 2012
7:36pm, 4 May 2012
1,125 posts
  •  
Duchess
If you want to keep track of a company or company director, you might try this site:

company-director-check.co.uk
companycheck.co.uk

(It's the same entity, the first link is for a director search, the second for a company)

Unusually it's a free site - there is a limit to the number of queries you can run in a day but it's alarmingly informative.

About This Thread

Maintained by Ex-pat Scot
According to www.hullmarathon.com, there's going to be a 2012 new marathon.

Hurrah! At last the...