Hull marathon 2012

31 watchers
Jun 2012
9:34am, 5 Jun 2012
70 posts
  •  
hullrunner
Offering all these free events to everyone is a nice gesture if they actually go ahead, offering free entries means the revenue is cut further adding to the likely hood of them not happening.

In honesty I am surprised they are still in business.

As you say gimme medals - what events are left?
Jun 2012
12:29pm, 5 Jun 2012
519 posts
  •  
Scott S
Perhaps offering free entry is a way of drumming up support. The average person is going to be happy with that and tell others how happy there are with the company. Hopefully then, they'll enter and so on.
Jun 2012
4:19pm, 5 Jun 2012
6,126 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
I would struggle to recommend their events to anyone at the moment - maybe after a successful event, but I've not experienced that yet from these people.
Jun 2012
7:56am, 6 Jun 2012
522 posts
  •  
Scott S
You do have to remember that he average runner out there is probably unaware of what happened at Hull and I'd bank on a lot of people who ran at Hull not being fully clued up even now.
The only reason I've heard of Toro is through these forums and specifically Hull. Who organises a race is not exactly high on my list of things to find out to be honest. If it sounds good and the timing is right, I'll enter, turn up and run it.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Ex-pat Scot
According to www.hullmarathon.com, there's going to be a 2012 new marathon.

Hurrah! At last the...