Huawei watches

4 watchers
Jan 2020
12:06pm, 30 Jan 2020
22,755 posts
  •  
Maclennane
hmmm, I'll have a look at ebay, might be a good time of year for that. I'm unconvinved by what I've read and reckon it's Suunto or vivoative for me.
Jan 2020
12:14pm, 30 Jan 2020
16,629 posts
  •  
Angus Clydesdale
Oh, cool, a new page. Must be time to make the “joke” about losing signal next to important nationally strategic assets again... ;)
Jan 2020
12:31pm, 30 Jan 2020
22,756 posts
  •  
Maclennane
was there another one? I searched, but the chinese govt may have blocked the results
Jan 2020
8:13pm, 30 Jan 2020
7,127 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
I think Huawei, Samsung even Apple to some extend are not real runners watches. They look flash but don’t have tried and tested runner functionality like interval support etc. I reckon you should stick with Garmin,Polar, Suunto etc. Garmin have by far the biggest ecosystem of those 3 and so id always recommend them.
Jan 2020
8:25pm, 30 Jan 2020
22,112 posts
  •  
Lizzie W
My vivoactive HR won't talk to my Huawei phone when the software is updated, so it might be available for rehoming.
Jan 2020
8:51pm, 30 Jan 2020
7,128 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
Lizzie, try remove the watch from the Huawei's Bluetooth settings then using the most up to date version of Garmin Connect Mobile re-pair the watch. Actually I’d also hard reset the watch by pressing and holding the light button for 15 seconds (this should not delete any settings) do this before re-pairing.
Jan 2020
9:20pm, 30 Jan 2020
22,113 posts
  •  
Lizzie W
Done everything, cw, several times... It only works before the watch software gets updated by Connect, then they won't Bluetooth. It maybe possible to fix online with Express but I don't have a computer.
Jan 2020
8:26am, 31 Jan 2020
32,282 posts
  •  
DocM
my son says " I've been very happy with my Huawei watch GT. It's quite expensive to buy on its own and it's definitely more of a smartwatch than a fitness tracker kind of like the apple and Samsung alternatives. but having said that it does do a better job of fitness tracking than the apple or Samsung watches, and it has enough battery life to last 1 to 2 weeks rather than just a day.

Also seems to be a lot more accurate as a fitness tracker than most other smart watches because Huawei have put their focus into that. but the really good battery life does come at a cost; there is no app store so you can't download third party apps, there's no microphone or speaker so it is just for notifications, and you can't export GPX files. What the watch can do it does really well, and if you're somebody who has I have it to damaging watches it may make sense as the ceramic bezel is virtually unscratchable. "

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Maclennane
Anyone got any experience with them? My Suunto is getting creaky, and I'm looking for a replace...