How young is too young?

4 watchers
Feb 2014
7:56pm, 16 Feb 2014
938 posts
  •  
Craig_
You need to do a Julia Roberts and get dressed up in all your best running gear - "Big Mistake...!" :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQQK0VTTXvA
Feb 2014
8:53pm, 16 Feb 2014
27 posts
  •  
idle_wilder
Glad you've sent them a lengthy email! Everyone should be encouraged to be active, regardless how young or old - if they don't want to take the time to help you find the right kit, they don't deserve the custom
Feb 2014
9:50pm, 16 Feb 2014
4,342 posts
  •  
Duchess
When I was a kid, my mum spent a small fortune twice a year on having my feet measured and fitted at Clark's shoeshop. I would have thought it even more important for an athletic child to have their sports shoes properly chosen. I seem to remember that the bones in the feet don't finish growing and knitting until very late teens.
Feb 2014
10:25pm, 16 Feb 2014
2,414 posts
  •  
phôôk
Clarkes had that automatic foot measuring machine, which was exciting.
SPR
Feb 2014
10:36pm, 16 Feb 2014
19,022 posts
  •  
SPR
Sounds like bad customer service.

Is there anything wrong with the unheard of Adidas trainers though?
Feb 2014
10:47pm, 16 Feb 2014
4,127 posts
  •  
Debstir
Not sure SPR. I've not had a prod to see if there's enough room at the toes or not. But seeing how he's gradually building up the miles we just thought it would be best to make sure he wasn't wearing the wrong type of shoe for his running style.
Feb 2014
11:01pm, 16 Feb 2014
19,302 posts
  •  
eL Bee!
Book a weekend break hereabouts, bring him along, and I'll check out the shoe fit, shape and have a look at his gait and running form :)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Debstir
Mr D's eldest son, my step-Sprog is getting quite in to running and is often doing runs of up to 5 ...