How was your bike today?

91 watchers
May 2020
1:21pm, 30 May 2020
36,399 posts
  •  
Nellers
Surprisingly good. Only the third outdoor ride this year (I've done a bit on the turbo) and I've done 40 miles in lovely sunshine and light breeze on quiet roads and felt strong all the way round. Only problem is a bit of lower back soreness but that's understandable when I've not sat on the bike for that long in a very long time.

Loved it!
May 2020
1:26pm, 30 May 2020
46,812 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Great day for a bike ride! First half-bike outing of the year for me. Loved it, and my average heart rate was similar to recent tandem rides so eL Bee! can't accuse me of slacking on the back.
May 2020
1:31pm, 30 May 2020
1,493 posts
  •  
Dave W
Lovely day here in the dales. Got out reasonably early to try to avoid the inevitable hordes. Lots of cyclists about.
32 miles in just under 2 hours. Pleased with that, cos it was a bit windy in your face coming back.
Can someone please explain how is it that you think you're going like a train, catching people up and dropping them like a bad habit, that someone comes along and pi$$es on your chips. Two blokes breezed past whilst chatting away to each other. No sign of breathlessness at all (from them! I was panting like an old carthorse).

There's always someone out there quicker than you are. Just get out and enjoy is my motto.
May 2020
1:40pm, 30 May 2020
46,814 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Hahahahahaha :) I don't have that problem. I'm the slowest thing in Lycra.

(Little motors in the frame, Dave. They're only cheating themselves.)
May 2020
2:20pm, 30 May 2020
13,672 posts
  •  
Yorkshire Pie
Gorgeous. I overtook far more people than overtook me. I'm staying out of the dales this weekend!
May 2020
2:22pm, 30 May 2020
46,815 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Good plan, YP :) I stayed out of the Lake District and away from the beach, which meant dicing with farm vehicles.
May 2020
2:38pm, 30 May 2020
1,495 posts
  •  
Dave W
Don't blame you, YP. That's why I'm going early. Just been up to the village and it's chockablock. Loads of cars about now as well. And don't get me started about the f*****g motorbikes.

Looking at your training, I don't particularly want you coming up here either. You'd pass me in a breath. :-)
May 2020
4:37pm, 30 May 2020
9,484 posts
  •  
Gymfreak
Lovely here too, loads of cyclists out.

60 miles at 18.7mph for me, nice ride. Chilterns were very pretty in the sun 😊 This has been the best spring ever for riding- bad start with all those storms, but i really do feel like we have had summer, and it’s not even been summer!!
May 2020
5:45pm, 30 May 2020
1,497 posts
  •  
Dave W
60 miles at 18.7 mph. Dear God in heaven. I'll really have to get my finger out. :-)
May 2020
6:03pm, 30 May 2020
475 posts
  •  
C-Cat
Glorious. First road bike ride proper out this year. Everything else has been getting form A to B. Dragged out by a friend to do a local hilly route One I introduced them to a couple of years ago when they were first starting out and were short on time to train. 575m of ascent in 35 miles is not bad for the flat midlands. Turns out they have been doing the route at least once a week 😬 I may need a bit more practice! 🥵 just so lovely to be out and be social. With all the chatting I'm surprised we managed to average 15mph 🤣 now I've got the road bike dusted off I think I might just have to make the most of the fine weather to do more miles 👍 so many bikes out there ❤

About This Thread

Maintained by GregP
Le Touring-Club de cycle de Bastardos d'hôtel