How to carry on training when Im moving around a bit

1 watcher
Apr 2012
8:27am, 7 Apr 2012
1,094 posts
  •  
Just Matt
Morning all.

I had a chance to look at my new itinerary for work the other day. Now I'm fairly used to be being out for relatively long days, driving places and so on and stopping away the odd week, but its currently looking like its going to be up to 4-8 weeks of bouncing between Newcastle Upon Tyne and Darlington. Some weeks will be one place, some half and half.

Its a 4-5 hour drive up there for me - so have to leave Sunday afternoon, and then won't be home until late Friday night.

I have a half Ironman training plan that requires biking and swimming etc, and also needs to do long bike/run at weekends.

Any suggestions as to how to keep training with all the travel etc. I can try to specify a hotel with a pool and gym, but most hotel pools are 15m or round, or kidney shaped so fairly unsuitable. I can get work to book and pay hotel accommodation, there's a Village hotel in Newcastle that has a 25m pool but its out of the company price range :-(

Do I take my own bike, how do I keep it in a hotel?

Anyone up that way that will show me some good routes?

Last time I had this scenario was when I had 8 weeks working in Watford Sunday-Friday and that sent me mental (quite literally) but I didn't train back then. I'm hoping that having a focus will help.

Suggestions please
Apr 2012
8:34am, 7 Apr 2012
21,063 posts
  •  
Old Croc
bike bag sp that your bike is luggage as you carry it into hotel
Apr 2012
8:45am, 7 Apr 2012
9,725 posts
  •  
Ultracat
Is there a gym chain that has a gym in both Darlington and Newcastle? They often have good deals on short term membership, you can then do spin classes, x-train etc in the gym and get hotel near the gym?
Apr 2012
8:47am, 7 Apr 2012
21,064 posts
  •  
Old Croc
contact local clubs for routes - and company when running / biking

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Stoatally
Morning all.

I had a chance to look at my new itinerary for work the other day. Now I'm fairly ...