How many miles do you get out of a pair of road shoes?

8 watchers
Jan 2015
9:51pm, 15 Jan 2015
12,419 posts
  •  
colettedeann
at around450-500 miles and the sole had started wearing down i got new trainers - mainly because of the info read about mileage - now i will continue running until i get issues and see if i can get a few more hundred miles

have u increased your mileage or intensity recently mandy?
Jan 2015
9:55pm, 15 Jan 2015
1,284 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
No have always been heavy on trainers - never get many more miles than 200 out of a pair. Good job I broughht some new ones in the sale. Even sweatshop can't get over how heavy I am on shoes
Jan 2015
9:58pm, 15 Jan 2015
1,285 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
Just checked and the most I have managed is 263 from a pair. Am 193 miles in current pair so that explains the knees hurting and foot rolling in
Jan 2015
9:59pm, 15 Jan 2015
1,092 posts
  •  
RRR-CAZ
Normally a pair per marathon including training or every 6 months
Jan 2015
10:49pm, 15 Jan 2015
52 posts
  •  
Fragile Do Not Bend
I've been wondering about this so I'm glad the thread has been resurrected. My running has been so on and off over a few years (more off than on) so I haven't the faintest idea of how many miles I've done in the pair that was until recently my first and only pair.

Since I've been logging my training properly I've done 400 miles, so I guess I've actually done at least 500. But the shoes *look* ok.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fleecy
And when do you know it's time to change them? I'm sure this question has been asked before, and I...