How important is a pre-half 10k for pacing?
10:34am, 28 Jan 2016
Daz LoveI agree that a longer run would be more beneficial.
I see 10k as a speedy workout that I'm pushing most of the way, a half dare I say is more enjoyable from a point that up its more controlled! It's normally to later that I am really digging in! Maybe I'm being conservative at the start!!
11:03am, 20 Jul 2016
DvorakHey, what happened to that HM, Fat Tulip? Looking at your training, I'm guessing you might have been injured?
2:35pm, 3 Feb 2017
Fat TulipJust seen this reply! I've been injured for over a year now, so missed out on all racing last year.
2:37pm, 3 Feb 2017
tonyp2604Personally - I use 10 miles as a sort of a benchmark type distance for pacing a half.
About This Thread
- 10K TO HALF MARATHON IN THREE WEEKS?
- Moving up from 10k to the half
- Mývatn marathon 2020 - with half, 10k and trail run options
- MILTON KEYNES FESTIVAL OF RUNNING
- silloth half 10k
- Great Scottish Run 10k & Half Marathon
- Leeds and Sheffield Courses
- Preston Guild 2012 Race Series - 5k, 10k, 10M & Half/Full Marathon
- Great Scottish Run Half Marathon and 10k
- How is racing 10k supposed to feel
Heart Rate Analysis
See your heart rate training data from the last 12 months broken down in technicolour.
Flat as a pancake?
We've collected thousands of your reviews from events, and worked out which races give you the best chance of a fast time!
Beat your league rivals to gain weekly promotion. Compete at every distance from a mile to a marathon.
We delve deeper to give you greater insights when working out your goal marathon time.